Sigma 10-20mm..what a gem

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by snakeman, Jul 8, 2007.

1. snakeman

snakeman

Feb 26, 2006
    UK
    Hardly used this lens since I got it as most my photography is wildlife etc..but gave it a dust off today and was very happy with the result..not the best pics in the world as architecture and landscape type shots are not my thing but thought I would post a couple up for anyone contemplating getting the lens..

DSC_0014-1.

DSC_0001.

DSC_0011.

DSC_0009.

DSC_0003-1.

2. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Those are GREAT!!

3. snakeman

snakeman

Feb 26, 2006
    UK
    :eek:Thanks Don..Honestly its the first time I have really shot any buildings etc..Must admit wouldn't mind learning a bit more about landscape/architecture photography..was hoping to get some from inside but they wouldn't let me.

4. ptchan5

ptchan5

Apr 21, 2007
    California, USA
    I've got the same lens and shot a bunch of interiors with it and love it. It's a great lens, sharp and fast.

5. snakeman

snakeman

Feb 26, 2006
    UK
    Certainly is Peter..

6. bruheim

bruheim

Jul 1, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Beautiful images... curious if you used filters and/or boosted saturation or other adjustments in post processing?

7. snakeman

snakeman

Feb 26, 2006
    UK
    No filters, just brightness and contrast and auto colour enhance.

8. NJDJ

NJDJ

Apr 15, 2006
    I second the thumbs up with this lens. It is VERY handy in tight spaces to capture the mood--think smallish rooms. Also, outstanding stopped down outside to do the same thing. I was looking at selling some glass to fund a new purchase and my wife said "don't sell that really wide one." That was big, for her. :smile:

9. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Beautiful shots Stuart.

10. lamk

lamk Guest

10-20 and the Canadian Rockies

I took these in the Canadian Rockies with the 10-20 last weekend
    DSC_0186. View attachment 104690

11. Absolutely beautiful shots, Stuart! Wonderful post-processing work as well.

Be careful, though. You might just get bitten by the wide-angle bug. I just got the Tokina and love it. I've actually been thinking about doing some architectural photography - although three weeks ago the thought hadn't entered my mind. There's just something about looking through the viewfinder with lenses such as these that's become quite appealing to me.

It's a shame that you weren't allowed to photograph the inside. I would love to see what that lens can do in a place like that.

12. snakeman

snakeman

Feb 26, 2006
    UK
    lovely shots of the rockies,the clouds in the first are stunning..

13. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    All cracking shots Stuart! I got my copy of this lens on Friday and, thus far, I'm not having too much luck with it. But then I've not really had the chance to get out much with it. I've been in areas of much shadow and find, because there's so much sky in the shot, I'm either under exposing the buildings or blowing out the sky.

I'll get there...

:)

14. snakeman

snakeman

Feb 26, 2006
    UK
    Thanks Mart..sure you will get to grips with it soon..must admit you certainly have to think about the foreground alot more with this lens..

15. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    I'm finding this to be the case. I think it will help me lots if I can get some images with the sun behind me to lessen the extremes of light level from sunshine to shade.

16. Great lens fore sure...I am loving mine!

I was really surprised to see how sharp it was. Color has been great too...
    I have the most luck with matrix metering...

17. Beautiful shots Stuart. I think #1 is just outstanding. Great job!

18. You seem to be mastering the techniques of "wide angle" architectural shooting very nicely! Great shots!

Have you tried using a perspective correction tool (I use one in a product called Paint Shop Pro and it is amazing how it straightens the side walls leaving the image almost untouched.)
    e.g. Original:

Perspective Straightened (I cropped this also):

19. snakeman

snakeman

Feb 26, 2006
    UK
    Certainly is Brian..Thanks Tom much appreciated,Martin these were all taken with the sun right behind me..Dan that looks really good,very impressed but unfortunately I only have nikon capture 4.4 for editing which is very basic..

20. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    Another vote for this lens

Nice pics!

I have this lens as well and am always amazed how how much I can see.

Here is 10x10ft room called my office...

[​IMG]