Sigma 10-20mm ?

Just wondering if anyone has used this lens yet and what they thought of it's performance, I havn't got a landscape lens yet and thought I'd wait to hear what the word on this lens is before I go out and buy. Thanks for any advice and help.

Hi there,

I'm planning to buy this lens too but it won't be available here in Belgium before July or August, so I'm very interested to get more info about this lens too, probably sooner available in the US or UK I guess.

Greetz from Belgium

I

IxLr8

I had a conversation about this with my photo dealer before I decided on my Tamron 12-24 and he said that it wasn't as popular with the pro's as the Tamron. The Tamron got good reviews so I took his advice.

Absolutely NO ONE uses the Sigma 10-20, in fact if your dealer knows ANYONE who does, I would like to meet them because they are capable of time travel. The 10-20 has not been released to the public (or to pros).

The Sigma 12-24 is superior to the Nikon and Tokina versions IMO, though I have never seen the Tamron.

I had a conversation about this with my photo dealer before I decided on my Tamron 12-24 and he said that it wasn't as popular with the pro's as the Tamron. The Tamron got good reviews so I took his advice.
I don't even think Tamron makes a 12-24 zoom, although they're about to release an 11-18. So your comment has me a bit puzzled.

For me 12-24 is a better focal range than 10-20 because my normal zoom is a 28-75. So the Sigma 10-20 didn't hold much interest to me. And so far I've yet to encounter a situation where I wished my 12-24 would go wider. I ended up with the Tokina 12-24 after comparing it to a Nikkor 12-24 and finding it to be superior in almost every aspect.

I

IxLr8

JeffKohn said:
I don't even think Tamron makes a 12-24 zoom, although they're about to release an 11-18. So your comment has me a bit puzzled.

For me 12-24 is a better focal range than 10-20 because my normal zoom is a 28-75. So the Sigma 10-20 didn't hold much interest to me. And so far I've yet to encounter a situation where I wished my 12-24 would go wider. I ended up with the Tokina 12-24 after comparing it to a Nikkor 12-24 and finding it to be superior in almost every aspect.

I'm sorry, your right, not Tamron... Tokina... I always get them mixed up...

Latest threads

Top Bottom