Sigma 105 ƒ1.4 DG HSM

Didn't anything on this beautiful BEAST so here's one shot to start off...

Quick Conclusion: Definitely worth the $$ and weight. (Stabilization on my Z 6 negates the weight & I use a monopod with my D500)
NO REGRETS!!! :)

DSC_7539-studio.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And one more......:)

DSC_7543-studio.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

How's the auto focus speed? The Nikon 105mm 1.4 E was great, except I found the AF speed a bit lacking.
Jonathan,
No problem with these stationary subjects.

That being said, I've shot wrestling and burlesque with my Sigma 40mm ƒ1.4 ART and no problems at all keeping up.

I keep coming back to this lens as an option. Aside from the weight, I don’t see any advantage offered by the Nikon that makes up for the additional cost. This is definitely a focal length I want at f1.4. I also like that the Sigma has a collar. Is it removable?

I keep coming back to this lens as an option. Aside from the weight, I don’t see any advantage offered by the Nikon that makes up for the additional cost. This is definitely a focal length I want at f1.4. I also like that the Sigma has a collar. Is it removable?
If you're a review reader, then you'll see that the overwhelming majority of reviews rate the Sigma as being sharper than the Nikon.

And to answer your question, yep the collar is removable & it has a rubber ring that you slide to protect the area where the mounted collar normally sits on the lens.

Latest threads

Top Bottom