1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sigma 10mm fish

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by robthelucky, Aug 4, 2009.

1. I recently purchased a Sigma 10mm and I love it. I researched a few lenses and read many reviews. Kens review in particular was not glowing, and the consensus is that it "feels" like a typical Sigma lens. I wanted something super wide (180 degree) and was able to get one quite a bit cheaper than a Nikon fish so I jumped in.

Before we get on to the pictures let me just say, I am a hack. I have a lot to learn about composition, lighting, my camera. Heck, I know nothing. I AM having fun. That being said, please don't hold back your critique. I want to get better and the only way I will is if you can really stick it to me.

The reason for this post tho, I did some searching on the forums and could not find anything related to the Sigma 10mm. I wanted to add a few shots that I took and while I was at it, see if anyone out there wants to add any from their Sigma 10mm pics.

This isn't a salvo into the ongoing "fish war" and I hope I don't get slapped by a large trout :) 

These were all shot in low light and hand held, exif is attached for all of these.

DSC_0179.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 389973

View attachment 389974

2. devo

devo

Sep 22, 2008
    Philly / SoMD
    In terms of exposure, I think you did one heck of a job nailing it on the head. They all are, IMO, perfectly exposed.

Wonderful shot. I love the motion!!

I like what you did, but would have liked to see the post dead center, as to make it perfectly straight. It would have divided the picture in half, and I think it would look cool, which is what I think you were going for.

Nothing really going on that lends itself to the fisheye lens. Still think its a good picture, with cood colors and exposure.

Nice start!! Keep practicing!

3. devo,

Thank you so much for the input... On the 3rd pic, I had two lenses with me... a 50mm and the fish and I just loved how I could capture the whole room with the fish.

I hope someone on the forum here who has a Sigma 10mm will pitch in and show me how to use this baby proper like.

4. Preston

Preston

May 2, 2005
    Reno, NV
    I live my fish & while mine is a Nikon I have never had a bad Sigma lens. It is a very fun lens to use & I usually have it with me, sometimes instead if an Ultra wide.

5. Great captures

6. Thanks Jons. I had hoped this might bring out a few more Sigma 10mm users... maybe there aren't any :|

just bumping one time to see if this wakes up any fellow Sigma 10mm folks.

7. #1 is a great fish shot
    2&3 don't work for me as fish shots

8. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Great shots, number 2 isn't too wonderful, it's lacking a little interest but I love the other two.

That being said, get up close and personal with this lens. For example, the bar shot, try to get a shot as if your camera were a beer glass! What would that view look like? Ask the bartender for a photo of him, bartenders always make good subjects.

It looks like you have a good eye and will do well with your camera. Keep shooting and keep posting.

Welcome to the Cafe!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.