sigma 12-24

I was reading the lens review thread on the Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6.
I have one on the way for my D700.
The link for the jury rig filter holder would not work for me. Is there another link that you know of?
I like to tinker so I might try to make something for my P size filters.
Any suggestions?

If you are going to use it at 12mm, I don't think you can put anything on it and not have it vignette. On a full frame camera, it is WIDE.

Congrats Bob and Peter on your new lenses. You will really like the 12-24mm. I have been very happy with mine and not at all been disappointed with the lack of filters.

This is an interesting lens. I've heard both good and bad stories, but I'd really like someone to start a dedicated image thread with samples. Any takers?

I think this is just a very sample-sensitive lens. I bought a used copy from someone who hunted through several copies to find a good one, and made sure I got some sample images first.

I will have no problem posting some samples, once I have the lens, and some samples to post.

I've got a working filter solution for mine. You'll have to ignore the canon back end of the lens, but yeah, it works at 12mm on FULL FRAME!!!!

img_0354.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

img_0355.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

it's a cokin X-pro filter (the next step up from Zs). You need the 95mm ring which will slip over the barrel. The livestrong band is to center it and to help keep it on the lens while shooting (if you angle it down too much it WILL fall off, aske me how I know!). Sigma actually sells spare cowls (which I have on order) and they will press fit into the 95mm ring. You'll have to trim the lip off the end so it can slide back out of view though. I'll get some pics of that once it's done, but mine has been on order for ~2 weeks now.

and yeah, I just ordered this lens in a nikon mount, should I share some canon 12mm FF pics with it in the meantime?:wink:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom