Sigma 120-300 2.8 Sports

I thought I'd start a new thread for this lens for anyone that may pick up copy and want to share or is thinking about getting this piece of gear. Will post some of my first images over the weekend.

Cheers.

The first two:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not running, but moving. Very fast moving and you never will know where:

Joe

Tank you.
I have still more:

Joe

Thanks for that. If you have any useful bits of info in the future about how it handles I'm eager to hear. I'm very tempted.

I'm a little confused about this lens. For example on B&H there are two Sigma 120-300mm lenses, the difference between them is not clear (maybe one is gray?), the prices are significantly different and neither has the S for Sports.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didnt get a chance to give mine a good try over the weekend unfortulately. Will need a monopod though as its very heavy.

Have you got a link to the two? I suspect that one will be the older version and the other the new sports. Also if they have images of them the older version has a gold ring near the front element. The two lenses look quite different.

Real Name
Randy
I'm a little confused about this lens. For example on B&H there are two Sigma 120-300mm lenses, the difference between them is not clear (maybe one is gray?), the prices are significantly different and neither has the S for Sports.
one is the OS version and the other is the new 'sports' version

the OS version was supposed to be noticeably better than the previous non OS version, the DG version (before the OS version) was supposed to be better than the non DG version and now we have the 'sports' version, supposedly better than the OS version

one thing is clear:smile:, the price has went from 1900 to 3600:smile:

If I was in the market i'd grab an OS version at around 2400 new

one is the OS version and the other is the new 'sports' version
Yes, so why does the name of the lens on the B&H website not include the S? I can recognize it based on how it looks (and the price I guess) but on Sigma's website it says S and I thought those letters (A, S, etc.) are part of the name.
Just curious, maybe it's just a mistake... or not?

Real Name
Randy
Yes, so why does the name of the lens on the B&H website not include the S? I can recognize it based on how it looks (and the price I guess) but on Sigma's website it says S and I thought those letters (A, S, etc.) are part of the name.
it's probably a mistake if it's supposed to have the S

I think it's realy a fine lense.
I had no problems to carry the siggy-sports for around 4,5 hours and to make around 1.200 shots in this time.
I use a http://www.blackrapid.com/products/sport-slim which is very good for a hevy lens like this.

Joe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it's realy a fine lense.
I had no problems to carry the siggy-sports for around 4,5 hours and to make around 1.200 shots in this time.
I use a http://www.blackrapid.com/products/sport-slim which is very good for a hevy lens like this.

Joe
I have the sun sniper Im yet to try it on this lens. I really need to though makes me feel a little more comfortable.

300mm with 1.3 Modus=600mm + 30% Crop
F4, ISO 320

Joe

If it os from a reputable dealer and you want the "s" version, just get the one that is most expensive and in the 3k range.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom