Showcase Sigma 135mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Administrator
Real Name
Amin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Tamron is a focal length I'll use more often, and the size/weight/VC make it more user friendly, but the Sigma seems like a winner as well. Both are plenty sharp, have low longitudinal CA, focus quickly and accurately, and render to my liking.

The Tamron is a focal length I'll use more often, and the size/weight/VC make it more user friendly, but the Sigma seems like a winner as well. Both are plenty sharp, have low longitudinal CA, focus quickly and accurately, and render to my liking.
Ya, I just realized the Tammy was the 85, see above edit... :rolleyes:

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Administrator
Real Name
Amin
Thanks, William, Klaus!

Keith: AF speed is very good, and there is a focus limiter switch which helps. No complaints in that regard.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Administrator
Real Name
Amin
Here they are side by side. The Sigma is a big hunk of glass!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Administrator
Real Name
Amin
Couple soccer shots today. I have no experience shooting sports at all, but the lens seemed to do its part just fine.

R

Ray Vonn

reminds me of an FF version of the Olympus 75mm 1.8! If rumors are true, the Sigma 135mm 1.8 Art shares a little optical DNA with that lens as well!
True, it's been mentioned on the MU-43 often enough that that Sigma was very much involved in the making/ construction of the Oly 75.

So, @Amin Sabet , how do the 2 lenses compare?

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Administrator
Real Name
Amin
They are both very sharp, render neutral bokeh, and focus quickly. The rendering is different - the Sigma has slightly swirly bokeh whereas the Olympus stays round with a bit of cat's eye in the corners. Also, the out of focus transition of the Sigma is very abrupt. It can look like a subject has been cut out and pasted onto a background.

R

Ray Vonn

They are both very sharp, render neutral bokeh, and focus quickly. The rendering is different - the Sigma has slightly swirly bokeh whereas the Olympus stays round with a bit of cat's eye in the corners. Also, the out of focus transition of the Sigma is very abrupt. It can look like a subject has been cut out and pasted onto a background.
Thanks, not the time to bin the 75 just yet then (I don't think I ever will).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom