Sigma 15 F2.8 Fisheye.....

....finally being used on the D700....i'm not frequent fisheye shooter, but i'm trying to take it out of the bag more often and i do like the 180º view i get on FX....

Btw...these were all at ISO 6400....:tongue:

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 392763

View attachment 392764

View attachment 392765

View attachment 392766

View attachment 392767

how close were you to the guy in the 3rd to last pic? pretty much humping him huh?

Nahhh...not with that haircut....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I was used to shoot with this lense on DX and on FX extra attention is needed not to bump (hump ? :biggrin: ) into things.....

Nice shots to look at Sandro! You use the fisheye much differently than I do. I enjoy learning from other's compositions!

I was slow to try out the Fisheye Hemi plugin that Edward had suggested many times, but now that I have it, I look forward to seeing how the shot looks defished. I am often picking the defished pictures instead of the original. Consider trying it...you may end up using the Sigma fisheye more in the future because of it!

Before
3819160387_75190508e6_b.jpg

After
3819968654_efb56ae5b5_b.jpg

Before
3819955612_6f29c09207_b.jpg

After
3819958094_b8bea860c7_b.jpg

Real Name
Morten
Nice shots Sandro.
I like mine as well. It is also very good for landscapes. Sometimes I use the Hemi plugin for Photoshop to straighten a bit.

Nice shots Sandro. I like the unexpected and interesting angles you're using.

Nice shots to look at Sandro! You use the fisheye much differently than I do. I enjoy learning from other's compositions!

I was slow to try out the Fisheye Hemi plugin that Edward had suggested many times, but now that I have it, I look forward to seeing how the shot looks defished. I am often picking the defished pictures instead of the original. Consider trying it...you may end up using the Sigma fisheye more in the future because of it!
I'll have to get that plugin...looks like it works great and can be of great use, specially for landscapes.

I do prefer the fisheye look since it allows you to do something different and when i had only DX camera's, i always liked the way the 10.5 (that i never had) distorted the perspective. On FX, this 15mm gives me roughly the same FOV.....great fun.

Nice shots Sandro. I like the unexpected and interesting angles you're using.
Thanks...it has been a while since i used this lense, but i'll be using it more often and plan to do a small tour around Lisbon with it. Should be fun...with the Fisheye and the Noct, i'm set to shoot around town. :biggrin:

Crazy day at the office....

...i took the 15mm to work today and basiclly said everyone to go nuts and pull weird faces for the camera....:biggrin:

I was the 1st just to set the example...
original.gif

Then folks started warming up....
View attachment 392773

Subtle....but getting there....
View attachment 392774

...slowly getting into the fisheye portrait spirit....
View attachment 392775

....and then they finally went NUTS.....:biggrin:
View attachment 392776

View attachment 392777

Fisheye....to love it....you gotta use it......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
View attachment 392778

Great shots, and the office ones are indeed priceless.

Last month I rented a Nikkor 16mm Fisheye for a weekend, which was lots of fun. The lens is just very expensive (nearly $1K) for its limited usability.

I really do want a fisheye but Nikon 16mm is really old,... and I do hate Sigma! I just know that if I buy one again something will go wrong and I will be in for another round of trouble! Is there any other FX fisheye options besides old Nikon and possible crapy Sigma?

Great shots, and the office ones are indeed priceless.

Last month I rented a Nikkor 16mm Fisheye for a weekend, which was lots of fun. The lens is just very expensive (nearly $1K) for its limited usability.
The Sigma is very sharp wide-open and has a great price....you can't go wrong with it...i used mine as a WA when i shot DX but now...it's much more fun.....:biggrin:

I had the sigma for Canon and it was even bette rthan the canon version. the MFD was way closer and was sharper at teh edges.

I also have both the 10.5 nikon and 16mm nikon. the 10.5 i used very little due to DX format, and the 16mm had such a long MFD for a fisheye i could get the perspective of certain things like i hoped for. I think its like 9". So i just bought a Sgma 15 for nikon on ebay for a great price, i cant wait to get it back. the MFD on that thing is like 5"

Sandro,
I definitely like your street-shots better than your head-shots!
I like the 1st street shot just as it is, but #4 would look great with some de-fishing (these are my favorites).
Thanks,

Sandro!

Dang it! I was looking to add a fish in the near future, and wasn't all that excited about the price tag on the 16mm Nikon.

But ... at only a little over a hundred more ... convince me that I want the Sigma.

I have had little issues with Sigma, and always enjoy your posts showing that the Sigmas are worthy contenders.

Help?

Latest threads

Top Bottom