1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sigma 150mm Tricky AF

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by pixelharmony, Aug 8, 2008.

1. So I've noticed that sometimes on this lens the image is in focus but the shutter won't release. I found it frustrating yesterday when I was trying to shoot some wildlife.

I guess after the lens focuses in I press the shutter and nothing happens. Is there anyway to override this? For full time manual lenses I thought they would shoot even if it was OOF?

2. panda81

panda81

Feb 7, 2008
    Texas
    Is your D300 on C or S mode (the little trigger under the lens release button)? Sounds like it's in S mode...switch it to C, and you should be able to trigger the shutter regardless of focus.

3. Bingo, when I was flipping it from C to M I must've left it on S, I just blamed the lens :p 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.