Sigma 15mm fisheye

Does anybody know what afd means for a Sigma 15mm fisheye EX

My guess is af=auto focus; d=?

I have a serial number anywhere I can check the date of birth?

Thanks

Rags

Well...the "D" on a Nikon lens means distance. It's got something to do with measuring the distance to the subject for flash purposes. I'm reasonably sure it means the same thing on a Sigma as well.

It could mean "diagonal" (rather than circular), since it's a fisheye (just guessing)

Rags

I just picked up a 15mm 1:2.8 D EX ser. 1015XXX.

Seems to be the version right before the latest DG(Sigma labels this as Digital with improved coatings).

I picked my copy up from a local fellow who said he bought it new six years ago and never used it once. :smile:

My version/copy seems to do quite well into the sun and has nice contrast/color as well as sharpness - even without the newest coatings.

I just picked up a 15mm 1:2.8 D EX ser. 1015XXX.

Seems to be the version right before the latest DG(Sigma labels this as Digital with improved coatings).

I picked my copy up from a local fellow who said he bought it new six years ago and never used it once. :smile:

My version/copy seems to do quite well into the sun and has nice contrast/color as well as sharpness - even without the newest coatings.
Was yours rechipped?

I have a D700 and I've seem some mentions of canon bodies needing rechipping no mention of Nikons (that I have seen)

Rags

Was yours rechipped?

I have a D700 and I've seem some mentions of canon bodies needing rechipping no mention of Nikons (that I have seen)

Rags
No. Although I had a Sigma 24-60 that worked perfectly on my D700 but not on my son's D7000.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom