Sigma 15mm fisheye

Does anybody know what afd means for a Sigma 15mm fisheye EX

My guess is af=auto focus; d=?

I have a serial number anywhere I can check the date of birth?

Thanks

Rags

Well...the "D" on a Nikon lens means distance. It's got something to do with measuring the distance to the subject for flash purposes. I'm reasonably sure it means the same thing on a Sigma as well.

It could mean "diagonal" (rather than circular), since it's a fisheye (just guessing)

Rags

Real Name
John
I just picked up a 15mm 1:2.8 D EX ser. 1015XXX.

Seems to be the version right before the latest DG(Sigma labels this as Digital with improved coatings).

I picked my copy up from a local fellow who said he bought it new six years ago and never used it once. :smile:

My version/copy seems to do quite well into the sun and has nice contrast/color as well as sharpness - even without the newest coatings.

I just picked up a 15mm 1:2.8 D EX ser. 1015XXX.

Seems to be the version right before the latest DG(Sigma labels this as Digital with improved coatings).

I picked my copy up from a local fellow who said he bought it new six years ago and never used it once. :smile:

My version/copy seems to do quite well into the sun and has nice contrast/color as well as sharpness - even without the newest coatings.

Was yours rechipped?

I have a D700 and I've seem some mentions of canon bodies needing rechipping no mention of Nikons (that I have seen)

Rags

Latest threads

Top Bottom