Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG MACRO

It will work on the D40/D40x an D60 as far as metering is concerned. However it will not autofocus as it is not HSM and does not have a focus motor in the lens.

Isn't this a dx lens?
I don't think so. Sigma website says it's a DG lens, which means:
"DG (DG Lens) These are large-aperture lenses with wide angles and short minimum focusing distances. With an abundance of peripheral illumination, they are ideal lenses for Digital SLR Cameras whilst retaining suitability for traditional 35mm SLRs."

If it was a DC (like my 30mm) then it is "...designed so that the image circle matches the smaller size of the image sensor of most digital SLR cameras."

C

CAClark

I had this lens on my KM7D and loved it, I'd buy one again if they'd do an HSM version.

Cheers!

C

CAClark

I don't think so. Sigma website says it's a DG lens, which means:
"DG (DG Lens) These are large-aperture lenses with wide angles and short minimum focusing distances. With an abundance of peripheral illumination, they are ideal lenses for Digital SLR Cameras whilst retaining suitability for traditional 35mm SLRs."

If it was a DC (like my 30mm) then it is "...designed so that the image circle matches the smaller size of the image sensor of most digital SLR cameras."
Correct, it's a FF lens.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom