1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG MACRO

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by The Ben, Jul 1, 2008.

1. The Ben

The Ben

Oct 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    Does it work on a D40??? :biggrin:

2. It will work on the D40/D40x an D60 as far as metering is concerned. However it will not autofocus as it is not HSM and does not have a focus motor in the lens.

3. Is this lens suitable for the new d700?

4. The Ben

The Ben

Oct 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    The D700 will work w/ any new or old Nikon Lens... just like every camera before it, minus the D40/60 line. :) 

5. Jefferson

Jefferson

Jun 7, 2008
    Belgium
    Isn't this a dx lens?

6. philcozz

philcozz

Jun 27, 2007
    Colchester, UK
    I don't think so. Sigma website says it's a DG lens, which means:
    "DG (DG Lens) These are large-aperture lenses with wide angles and short minimum focusing distances. With an abundance of peripheral illumination, they are ideal lenses for Digital SLR Cameras whilst retaining suitability for traditional 35mm SLRs."

If it was a DC (like my 30mm) then it is "...designed so that the image circle matches the smaller size of the image sensor of most digital SLR cameras."

7. CAClark

CAClark Guest

I had this lens on my KM7D and loved it, I'd buy one again if they'd do an HSM version.

Cheers!

8. CAClark

CAClark Guest

Correct, it's a FF lens.

Cheers!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.