1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sigma 30mm 1.4 EX DG HSM @ 1.6

Discussion in 'People' started by EssieK, Aug 31, 2008.

1. EssieK

EssieK Guest

One of the first shots PP'ed after I aquired a used 30mm yesterday. I know I really need to master this prime, but so far I am in awe from the sheer quality and how fast it is :smile:

Here is a quick one of my eldest. Original exif: ISO 400, f/1.6, 1/60

2813419483_0afa18aa40_b.

2. Angela Kay

Angela Kay Guest

Essie K this is beautiful. Oh and from the other side clearly very impressed that you have the camera out... again! Oh I know that look sooo well :D 

What an angelic face and really beautifully composed, I really like this shot.

3. great shot
    glad you are loving the "dirty thirty"
    well done

4. EssieK

EssieK Guest

Hehe, I've gotten worse looks than this one :smile:

Thanks for the feedback!

5. EssieK

EssieK Guest

I think me and the thirty are going to be best friends for a long time to come. Hopefully my local shop gets a few copies of the 50 1.4 EX HSM soon, I think that one will complement my collection quite nicely.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  6. Fantastic! I love the lens as well- this is a perfect example of what it does very well.

7. dL302

dL302

Aug 7, 2008
    Vancouver
    Nice! I love this lens as well, but why did photozone rated it so low (under Canon mount)?

dL

8. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    The 30mm is a fantastic lens. I just sold mine b/c I bought a D700 and the lens is a DX equivalent. I was able to get tack sharp images at 1.4!!!!!!!!! You're going to love it.

9. EssieK

EssieK Guest

Hi dL, thanks for feedback

Dunno why it got rated so low - but I guess it's a matter of taste really. From what I understand the dirty thirty is excellent at what it is designed to do, and not so excellent at what it isn't designed to do :smile:

10. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

Espen, this is a marvelous photo ..well done sir...;-)))

11. Ruff Draft

Ruff Draft

Sep 2, 2007
    Michigan
    Another photo that makes me want to buy one! Great job.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.