Sigma 30mm 1.4 EX DG HSM @ 1.6

Discussion in 'People' started by EssieK, Aug 31, 2008.

1. EssieK

EssieK Guest

One of the first shots PP'ed after I aquired a used 30mm yesterday. I know I really need to master this prime, but so far I am in awe from the sheer quality and how fast it is :smile:

Here is a quick one of my eldest. Original exif: ISO 400, f/1.6, 1/60

2813419483_0afa18aa40_b.jpg

2. Angela Kay

Angela Kay Guest

Essie K this is beautiful. Oh and from the other side clearly very impressed that you have the camera out... again! Oh I know that look sooo well :D

What an angelic face and really beautifully composed, I really like this shot.

3. great shot
    glad you are loving the "dirty thirty"
    well done

4. EssieK

EssieK Guest

Hehe, I've gotten worse looks than this one :smile:

Thanks for the feedback!

5. EssieK

EssieK Guest

I think me and the thirty are going to be best friends for a long time to come. Hopefully my local shop gets a few copies of the 50 1.4 EX HSM soon, I think that one will complement my collection quite nicely.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  6. Fantastic! I love the lens as well- this is a perfect example of what it does very well.

7. dL302

dL302

Aug 7, 2008
    Vancouver
    Nice! I love this lens as well, but why did photozone rated it so low (under Canon mount)?

dL

8. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    The 30mm is a fantastic lens. I just sold mine b/c I bought a D700 and the lens is a DX equivalent. I was able to get tack sharp images at 1.4!!!!!!!!! You're going to love it.

9. EssieK

EssieK Guest

Hi dL, thanks for feedback

Dunno why it got rated so low - but I guess it's a matter of taste really. From what I understand the dirty thirty is excellent at what it is designed to do, and not so excellent at what it isn't designed to do :smile:

10. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

Espen, this is a marvelous photo ..well done sir...;-)))

11. Ruff Draft

Ruff Draft

Sep 2, 2007
    Michigan
    Another photo that makes me want to buy one! Great job.