Sigma 30mm 1.4 new art series. Anyone got one yet? Impressions?

Hello,
Today I was looking at a review of the new Sigma 30mm 1.4 art lens on Youtube.
The lens looks really nice and they say that the build quality and image quality are outstanding.
I know this is a DX only lens, so probably it won't be as popular as the 35mm 1.4 art lens, but even so, anyone got one?

What's your take on the lens? Any focus accuracy issues?

Cheers!

Reviving an old post because I'm curious about this as well. Is this just a cosmetic update, or does the lens perform any better/differently than the older 30mm (I would hope so, to justify the price difference)?

I've one, its super nice. Better than the old model.

I can post some examples when I get home.

I'm interested in some examples.

Performance is noticeably better than the old one? I have an old one that does well, although it overexposes a bit on my D90, which I can compensate for. It's also peeling and is a mess, cosmetically. Considering replacing it, but only if it performs better in addition to looking better.

I'd be interested in samples as well. I've got the older version, and like was mentioned above, it's not cosmetically appealing. It also didn't perform well on my D5100. But when I picked up a D7000 and fine-tuning the lens, it is razor sharp - without a doubt one of the sharpest lenses I own.

Latest threads

Top Bottom