Sigma 30mm F 1.4 does landscapes

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bohdan, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Had some snow fall yesterday. Wind bitterly cold but at lunchtime today the sun came out. Went out with my sigma 30mm F 1.4 along with a circular polarizer and got some nice shots. What do you think?

[​IMG]

Which composition would you prefer: Number 2:

[​IMG]

or Number 3:
    [​IMG]

Lake Superior is very low right now.
    [​IMG]

2. For some odd reason, I like #4.

3. Thanks John...that piece of driftwood sticking in the mud tends to draw the eye to the Giant in the background.

4. Brian-S

Brian-S

Feb 10, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    do the colors look like that w/o the polarizer as well?? everything looks a bit subdued to me. i like #2

Brian

5. Hi Brian....other than the sky and snow there was very little colour in the city yet. But curiously enough I processed these on my laptop lcd and the colours there seemed to have some more punch. Looking at them on my crt monitor at home I can see what you mean! Thanks for the feedback.

6. Thanks

7. Brian-S

Brian-S

Feb 10, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    i wonder do you need to adjust your wb when using a circular polarizer?

Brian

8. Might be...These were shot in RAW so I'll play with the wb in capture nx later.

9. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Beatiful. #2 is my favorite composition.

10. Thanks Torben. I liked the lines in #2. Have to go back now and see whether I can punch it up a little more.

11. Fun shots #2 is my favorite. I like the detail in the snow and there is less distraction from the left but just enough to make it interesting.

12. Hey Bob -

I also like #2 the best - lots of interesting paths and lines to keep the eye moving.

That Sigma 30 mm f/1.4 is a keeper, no?

Eric

13. # 2 is my fav.