SIGMA 400mm f/5.6 APO manual focus

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Tom/Cocoa, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Anyone have any experience with the SIGMA 400mm f/5.6 APO manual focus lens? I might be able to buy this lens at a good price. I have done a lot of research and can find nothing. This tells me it may not be a good lens or it's so old theres no info on it.
    thanks
    Tom

2. I had a few copies of the 77mm APO HSM TeleMacro with the ZEN finish. A superb lens for the money. The Nikon model does not come with HSM, but still a nice lens.

The other model they made has a 72mm thread design w/o the ZEN finish. This model has been reported to have less quality than the 77mm ZEN design.

This is what the better telemarco 77mm looks like.

Please paste this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sigma-400mm-f5-6-APO-Telemacro-for-Sony-Minolta-AF_W0QQitemZ110285784718QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110285784718&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A13|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

mike

3. Thanks.... I'm sure the one I'm looking at is the 72mm so I will stay away from it...
    Again thaks

Tom

4. Hey Tom.

Did not mean to give you the wrong impression. I have never shot with the 72mm. Everything has a price. The 77mm Telemacro ZEN finish in a Nikon mount has to be worth about $450-$650 in very fine condition.

If the 72mm is in decent condition and functions well.............

mike

5. The part I'm concerned about is it's a manual focus lens and no one knows much about this lens. I sent e-mail to the person that want's to sell it and ask him about the filter size... If I can get it at a cheap price then
    I might buy it just to see what it's like. I can always sell it .
    Thanks
    Tom