1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

SIGMA 400mm f/5.6 APO manual focus

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Tom/Cocoa, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Anyone have any experience with the SIGMA 400mm f/5.6 APO manual focus lens? I might be able to buy this lens at a good price. I have done a lot of research and can find nothing. This tells me it may not be a good lens or it's so old theres no info on it.
    thanks
    Tom

2. I had a few copies of the 77mm APO HSM TeleMacro with the ZEN finish. A superb lens for the money. The Nikon model does not come with HSM, but still a nice lens.

The other model they made has a 72mm thread design w/o the ZEN finish. This model has been reported to have less quality than the 77mm ZEN design.

This is what the better telemarco 77mm looks like.

Please paste this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sigma-400mm-f5-6-APO-Telemacro-for-Sony-Minolta-AF_W0QQitemZ110285784718QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110285784718&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A13|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

mike

3. Thanks.... I'm sure the one I'm looking at is the 72mm so I will stay away from it...
    Again thaks

Tom

4. Hey Tom.

Did not mean to give you the wrong impression. I have never shot with the 72mm. Everything has a price. The 77mm Telemacro ZEN finish in a Nikon mount has to be worth about $450-$650 in very fine condition.

If the 72mm is in decent condition and functions well.............

mike

5. The part I'm concerned about is it's a manual focus lens and no one knows much about this lens. I sent e-mail to the person that want's to sell it and ask him about the filter size... If I can get it at a cheap price then
    I might buy it just to see what it's like. I can always sell it .
    Thanks
    Tom

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.