Sigma 50/1.4 Samples posted

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by cotdt, Jul 6, 2008.

1. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
  2. It actually looks similar to a 24-70 nikon lens although that's probably a premature opinion. It is expensive though for what it is. A detailed test would be interesting.

Gene

3. Not bad at all, though I want to see more. The shot of the flowers is quite nice and and shows the sharpness and bokeh off nicely.

I doubt if I'll buy one, though. At more than twice the price of my used Nikon 50/1.4, and given that it's more of a "specialty" lens for my own shooting, it'd have to be something else. We'll see.

4. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

i don't think any of these putes the "bokeh" to the test ..however, very nice images from canon's flag-ship FX ....;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2008
  5. Nice, creamy bokeh and decent detail. There's quite a bit of CA (green fringing) at F1.4 to F2~ though...

6. PAReams

PAReams

Apr 4, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Those shots look great. I'm impressed. I've been pretty impressed with most Sigma EX glass, so I can't say that I'm surprised.

7. No reason not to expect this'll be anything less than stellar, a big brother to the Sigma 30mm f/1.4.

Would sit nicely on a D700 :) 

8. Look good so far. The Canon flagship FX is a very demanding situation for that lens and it did well. I have one on order bc I need the HSM for my back-up D40 and was never thrilled with the Nikon 50 1.4.

9. Quite a huge lens, I'm impressed...

10. I noticed that too. I wonder how the Nikkor compares to that if used on a FX body. My suspicion is that it would exhibit that as well. So I'm looking forward for a side by side comparisons on a FX body.

11. braver

braver

Apr 2, 2008
    netherlands
    wow that is a large 50! this lens I've been waiting for for months...just my luck that my budget is already drained now that it's here. ah well, good reason to sit the first few months out and see what it does. sure does look nice though!

it's going for €369,- over here. also makes it a quite expensive 50...

12. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    Wow the bokeh reminds me of the Sony STF lens!

13. The bokeh sample is very impressive - talk about smoooooooth. I will use this lens for available light portraits 99% of the time (f1.4-2.8) so now I'm really sold.

14. Ruff Draft

Ruff Draft

Sep 2, 2007
    Michigan
    Mr. Sigma!!! :biggrin:

15. I still need the 300-800. :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.