Sigma 50/1.4 Samples posted

It actually looks similar to a 24-70 nikon lens although that's probably a premature opinion. It is expensive though for what it is. A detailed test would be interesting.

Gene

Not bad at all, though I want to see more. The shot of the flowers is quite nice and and shows the sharpness and bokeh off nicely.

I doubt if I'll buy one, though. At more than twice the price of my used Nikon 50/1.4, and given that it's more of a "specialty" lens for my own shooting, it'd have to be something else. We'll see.

N

Nuteshack

i don't think any of these putes the "bokeh" to the test ..however, very nice images from canon's flag-ship FX ....;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Those shots look great. I'm impressed. I've been pretty impressed with most Sigma EX glass, so I can't say that I'm surprised.

Look good so far. The Canon flagship FX is a very demanding situation for that lens and it did well. I have one on order bc I need the HSM for my back-up D40 and was never thrilled with the Nikon 50 1.4.

Nice, creamy bokeh and decent detail. There's quite a bit of CA (green fringing) at F1.4 to F2~ though...

I noticed that too. I wonder how the Nikkor compares to that if used on a FX body. My suspicion is that it would exhibit that as well. So I'm looking forward for a side by side comparisons on a FX body.

wow that is a large 50! this lens I've been waiting for for months...just my luck that my budget is already drained now that it's here. ah well, good reason to sit the first few months out and see what it does. sure does look nice though!

it's going for €369,- over here. also makes it a quite expensive 50...

The bokeh sample is very impressive - talk about smoooooooth. I will use this lens for available light portraits 99% of the time (f1.4-2.8) so now I'm really sold.

Latest threads

Top Bottom