Sigma 50 F1.4 clarification ( one man's view, not a community opinion )

Perhaps the label of troll is unfair and I appreciate you bringing that up, since apparently, you were called one too. I can see your need to bring that to my attention. However, when someone refuses to take what others say into consideration and, instead, posts_condescending_replies just because the replies received were not exactly what he wanted to hear, even though they were valid responses with only a different point of view, it's kind of hard to treat them with respect. I've found that, with online forums of varying topics, one gets out of it what they put in.

Fair point. I would tend to agree that in this thread he's not helping himself with people who have not hassled him in the past. I just wanted to show the entire picture beyond this thread which could certainly account for a shorter temper.

Fair point. I would tend to agree that in this thread he's not helping himself with people who have not hassled him in the past. I just wanted to show the entire picture beyond this thread which could certainly account for a shorter temper.

Agreed. Now, with that said, have you purchased a 50G yet? Don't see it in your signature. It's not too late to get the Sigma....it RAWKS :tongue::biggrin:

Agreed. Now, with that said, have you purchased a 50G yet? Don't see it in your signature. It's not too late to get the Sigma....it RAWKS :tongue::biggrin:

Wow, I'm an idiot. I've had the 50G for 2 months and forgot to add to my sig. I was pursuaded to get the 50G because of the live.com deal @ jr.com where I paid $370. I know the Sigma is sweeter wide open, I just got cheap on a lens I won't use very often. :wink:

haha.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

sigma, tamron, nikon...who cares, buy one of each, enjoy life and go shoot some pics.

Took some more amazing shots with my Sigma 50 today!

I'm happy with the results anyway... that's all that matters to me.

467283056_c2TuD-M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BIF with 50/1.4, FTW! LOL :wink:

Nice shots!

Some people are afraid to speak up their mind when in a group. Their desire to be accepted is stronger than importance of expressing their own mind when that would go against the grain of the group. They do not "make waves" and they follow the pack, they make themselves "fit in", "get assimilated". Not everybody is that way though and obviously I am not.
Now that's funny, I'm the exact same way! :smile: Sorry for not reading your entire saga if I missed a thing or two, but I don't care enough and also don't have the time. Problem is, you're not leaving any room in any of your posts for anyone to have reasonable disagreements with you. Either one must accept everything you state as the absolute truth when it is not, and your standards as the golden and "reasonable" ones when they are not, or they're assimilated group-thinking forum brand fanboys incapable of any independent or critical thought that goes against the flow or consensus, and are happy to snatch up any "bone" thrown their way while paying diamond prices for "cubic zicronia". That sort of attitude along with the snotty comments speak for themselves. And in the grand scheme of things, $500 lenses are "cheap". 'Diamond prices for cubic zicronia'?? That's funny.

I personally give a product two chances. Sure, everybody makes a defective one once in awhile, or maybe the box was dropped somewhere along the way. Two bad ones in a row though? Forget it. I have no idea why you're on your fourth (or fifth?) copy. Just buy something else.

The end.

sigma, tamron, nikon...who cares, buy one of each, enjoy life and go shoot some pics.

You're clearly not anal retentive enough for a gear formum. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ANALysis is the life-blood of photography forums - after all, if you don't talk about lenses ad nauseum your only left wondering how to use them. :wink:

You're clearly not anal retentive enough for a gear formum. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ANALysis is the life-blood of photography forums - after all, if you don't talk about lenses ad nauseum your only left wondering how to use them. :wink:

Using lenses??? You mean actually put them on a camera body and take pictures??:eek:

That idea is so crazy it just might work! :biggrin:

Wow, I'm an idiot. I've had the 50G for 2 months and forgot to add to my sig. I was pursuaded to get the 50G because of the live.com deal @ jr.com where I paid $370. I know the Sigma is sweeter wide open, I just got cheap on a lens I won't use very often. :wink:

Shame you don't use it that often, Joe.....I've seen some amazing results from the 50G and D700 :eek:. There! I said it! :tongue:.

anal retentive....what has enema's got to do with photography?

ad nauseum is good, but i had to laugh when zoran was getting ambushed again. he probably has good intentions, its just the way he expresses himself.:wink:

N

N0YZE

Has there been a thread started for Sigma f/1.4 photos? I've seen threads for other lenses, I'd personally love to see what other people have done with the lens and skip the bickering.

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it's not a theory, it's a fact (btw, not meant as harsh, hope it doesn't come across that way). I've tested multiple lenses across the D300 and D700 and have seen less flaws from the lower pixel density of the D700 for the same lens. It's just the reality of higher density. If you see more detail, you're also more likely to expose flaws.

BTW, I wasn't referring to your case, your post was a general statement about smaller sensor cameras:

"I couldn't understand how focus issues would be limited to the smaller sensor cameras".

No offense taken, I understand what you're saying - I was just using an expression and I agree with your point and understand it is not just a theory, just that I don't believe it applies in my particular case

Chris

Friends, I'll remind you that the Cafe rules say

Those of you who are unable to participate in the discussion without getting personal should excuse themselves. The Cafe in not the place for this type of childish behavior.

Dave, my apologies again - I did apologize in advance for my post, it's just so frustrating when you start out trying to help someone, not taking an opposing position and then end up getting slammed because you don't agree with them plus looking for usable for my own use and keep seeing the same posts over and over, cluttering up the threads - but next time I'll just let it go, as I already have.

Regards,

Chris

Latest threads

Top Bottom