Sigma 50 Portrait...

Just added a D700 to the stable and tested the 50 on it today...

Not too shabby I think... :biggrin::biggrin:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice shot! After getting my 50 back from Sigma, I think it just might be the sharpest (wide open) lens I own.
I got mine 50 from Sigma NY for the third time. Still not focusing right! I will call them on monday again. I hope they'll replace it at some point. All I do with the lens is testing and sendig it to repair so far, and listen to their lies about lens being fine now. One would think that Japanese company would value something called honor. The truth is, they just making a buck at all cost, and if you got a lemon for your money it's your problem, not theirs!
I hate Sigma! I hate Sigma! I hate Sigma! I hate Sigma! I hate Sigma! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

do they fix the focus problem for free? I was thinking about purchasing one used and they will give me a great price but they said that it had focusing issues? Anybody want to enlighten me on this?

My lens have a warranty, but I have to pay for a shipping there each time it goes for anoher round of repair. It seems, that they only able to do simple adjustments. If it something more complicated, then it tough luck for you. Warranty is not transferable, as far as I know.
BTW Do you want to buy my lens? I'll give you a good price! :wink::wink:

...and I love SIGMA lenses! Have only had a problem with one and that was my fault--it was fixed and returned to me within a week or so. I certainly prefer them over "plastic" lens bodies.

...and I love SIGMA lenses! Have only had a problem with one and that was my fault--it was fixed and returned to me within a week or so. I certainly prefer them over "plastic" lens bodies.
I like the build too. If only they would work! If only Sigma NY would fix them right instead of lying and cheating and wrenching out of their responsibility. I have two Sigma lenses and they both are crap. Both had been repaired by Sigma NY (my 50 f1.4 just return from the third round) and they both still an utter disappointment. That is why I hate Sigma!

It's too bad that Japanese companies, once known for real quality, had to adopt American corporate mentalities of "we have your money, good luck with anything else". Next, they'll be sending the lenses to India for servicing. :|

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom