1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sigma 50 Portrait...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Donzo98, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Just added a D700 to the stable and tested the 50 on it today...

Not too shabby I think... :biggrin::biggrin:

D700E.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Nice shot! After getting my 50 back from Sigma, I think it just might be the sharpest (wide open) lens I own.

3. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Great combo! Excellent shot!

4. dusseldorf

dusseldorf

Mar 11, 2008
    CT, USA
    Nice - crisp shot

5. Aleksey

Aleksey

Mar 10, 2008
    New York
    I got mine 50 from Sigma NY for the third time. Still not focusing right! I will call them on monday again. I hope they'll replace it at some point. All I do with the lens is testing and sendig it to repair so far, and listen to their lies about lens being fine now. One would think that Japanese company would value something called honor. The truth is, they just making a buck at all cost, and if you got a lemon for your money it's your problem, not theirs!
    I hate Sigma! I hate Sigma! I hate Sigma! I hate Sigma! I hate Sigma! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: 

6. do they fix the focus problem for free? I was thinking about purchasing one used and they will give me a great price but they said that it had focusing issues? Anybody want to enlighten me on this?

7. Aleksey

Aleksey

Mar 10, 2008
    New York
    My lens have a warranty, but I have to pay for a shipping there each time it goes for anoher round of repair. It seems, that they only able to do simple adjustments. If it something more complicated, then it tough luck for you. Warranty is not transferable, as far as I know.
    BTW Do you want to buy my lens? I'll give you a good price! :wink::wink:

8. RainyDays

RainyDays

Aug 19, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    ...and I love SIGMA lenses! Have only had a problem with one and that was my fault--it was fixed and returned to me within a week or so. I certainly prefer them over "plastic" lens bodies.

9. Aleksey

Aleksey

Mar 10, 2008
    New York
    I like the build too. If only they would work! If only Sigma NY would fix them right instead of lying and cheating and wrenching out of their responsibility. I have two Sigma lenses and they both are crap. Both had been repaired by Sigma NY (my 50 f1.4 just return from the third round) and they both still an utter disappointment. That is why I hate Sigma!

10. It's too bad that Japanese companies, once known for real quality, had to adopt American corporate mentalities of "we have your money, good luck with anything else". Next, they'll be sending the lenses to India for servicing. :|

11. IsaacImage

IsaacImage

Mar 16, 2009
    Toronto
    nice pix

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.