1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

sigma 50mm 1.4 - why no reviews?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by ap10046, Aug 10, 2008.

1. ap10046

ap10046

Jul 12, 2008
    Miami
    Hi all, I am looking out for a good lowlight walk around and portrait lens which is between 28 and 50 mm, would love the Nikon 28 mm 1.4 but, what Can I say.... I have a daughter in school!! LOL!
    Have been trying to get hold of a review on the Sigma 50 MM 1.4, but can't seem to find one. Do any of you have one or have seen a review around, I would greatly appreciate a look.
    Cheers!
    Areez

2. Its not out yet for the F-mount,that probebly has alot to do with the fact there is nor reviews of the lens on a nikon body.

3. It was supposed to be out last month, I got a call from a store I had in pre-ordered with, and I have no expectations of seeing it much before September.

The Canon version is getting excellent reviews, so I think its pretty fair to assue the lens is going to be top-notch.

4. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    Yep there are lots of excellent reviews on the Canon version. Here's one review of the Canon version, put up against the Canon 50/1.4 which is VERY similar to the Nikon 50/1.4.

http://www.pbase.com/lightrules/50f14ex

5. ap10046

ap10046

Jul 12, 2008
    Miami
    Thanks all.
    Methinks, if this lens is anything like the 30mm Sig, Nikon had better come up with something FAST at Photokina this year!

6. very true, Nikon's has been rumored for quite awhile, there's a new thread that 'claims' a German store says it will be €649 and also available in Sept....for that price the Siggy's looking pretty good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.