Sigma 60mm 2.8 DN finally gets priced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am in a state of confusion about lenses. I really enjoy dealing with just one normal lens. It makes life simple, but on the other hand a 20, 30 and 60 would make a very nice kit.

The question I guess is if I want to go back to dealing with a "kit" or do I want to just keep things the way they are?

I think I am just getting a bit of that old gear lust. Oh well time will tell :frown:
I think this lens is being aimed as a budget portrait lens. Your 30mm is more of a standard prime. If you don't see yourself shooting portraiture as much, I'd probably stick to the 30mm and kit zoom. For the price though, it's not a bad lens to have in the bag! :wink:

I am in a state of confusion about lenses. I really enjoy dealing with just one normal lens. It makes life simple, but on the other hand a 20, 30 and 60 would make a very nice kit.

The question I guess is if I want to go back to dealing with a "kit" or do I want to just keep things the way they are?

I think I am just getting a bit of that old gear lust. Oh well time will tell :frown:
I wish I could live with a one lens kit - it''s not that I "must" have more than one, it's that I'm used to just picking something that seems appropriate at the moment. Life would be simpler. I don't have the discipline.

there are times when I miss a longer or wider lens, but not very often and I actually find that the lack of other options gives me more time to focus on the shots I can take. I never spend any time wondering what lens to use - I just focus on what I can get with my 30

as a side note I think you and Jonathan have just convinced me to just stick with my simple setup - - - just thinking about more lenses and bags has me feeling exhausted :eek:
I think it's admirable - your approach to photography. I had the Fuji X100 for a while and when I was out with just that camera I did enjoy "just" taking pictures. I have spent more than one outing with only the 20mm and the 75mm so maybe I'll get to a point where one will do.

Edward,
You would have the awesome Sigma kit though....:tongue:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom