Sigma EF 500 dg flash unit

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by rrx3, Oct 6, 2008.

1. rrx3

rrx3

Jun 14, 2008
    Wiltshire, UK
    I bought this flash some time ago to go with my D50. I have now bought a D200 and see that the flash is still compatible.
    With my D50, the flash just 'did the job'. It seemed that it didn't need too much input from me.
    With the D200, this doesn't seem to be the case. I can only get it to work when I choose the M on the rear of the flash. I used to leave it at TTL.

I am busy trying to find the handbook for the camera. In the meantime, does anyone know what settings I need to choose on the D200 (if needed) to work TTL? :redface:

2. Sigma EF 500 dg Flash

I had the same problem when I first purchased my D200 (two years ago). Apparently this was an issue with the chip on early production EF 500s not being compatible with the D200.

Sigma upgraded mine free of charge (just postage) but I did have to produce a proof of purchase - overwise they will charge for this service.

After the upgrade mine worked fine with my D200 (not as good as my SB800) and I now use it in conjunction with my D700 (as a remote).

Hope this helps.

Simon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.