1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sigma Gray market warranty?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeneC, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Does anyone know if Sigma USA does warranty repair or adjustments to gray market purchases? What are the repair alternatives to a lens purchased say from Sigma4less. I'm looking for a Sigma 150 macro, the only ones available are gray market. i don't want to buy gray but I would if I got some sort of warranty. Thanks for any response.

Gene

2. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Hey Gene. I don't think ANY company will offer a warranty on gray market items. They may do you reapairs on them, but I think you'd be paying full price for parts and labor.

The only other alternative might be the place where you purchase gray market items might offer their own type of warranty service for the goods they sell. That would probably cost you some extra money for say a 3 year extended in store warranty.

3. Hi Joe,

Some companies do offer gray warranties. Canon for one doesn't care where you bought it, they will repair it as long as you can prove it is less than 14 months old. The receipt doesn't even have to be in your name. Almost anything goes.

Gene

4. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    Gene,

It's my understanding that Sigma USA will honor the 1 year international warranty that accompanies gray market Sigma products.
    The benefit of buying the non-gray item is the extended warranty.
    Why not give Sigma USA a call and ask them directly?

5. Great idea, get it straight from the horses mouth.

Gene

6. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    This I did not know!!! That's good to know.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.