Sigma lens series for Z/AF?

I’m about to start looking for the venerable Sigma 150/2.8 macro. Do I need to look only at the most recent lens or is the prior generation ok, as well? It’ll be used on a Z6 and I just want to confirm full functionality. Thanks!

Not even sure Sigma could confirm AF on the older models. They told me my last gen 50mm 1.4 pre Art lens would not AF on the Z, but I sent it in for a software update to be compatible with Nikons updates as well. When it came back, it actually works great with the Z. I asked the tech line about it and in not so many words, they stated they err on the side of caution when making compatibility promises. You can be certain the older ones will work in MF mode, that's about it.

I had to send my older Sigma 150 in for a firmware update in order to get the AF to work on a Z6 . Quite pleased with that lens on a Z6 now

Hey quick question, has anyone tried the Sigma 50mm 1.4 DG EX on the Z? Also the Nikon 150mm 2.8 OS Macro works after FW update, but can possibly be broken again if and when Nikon updates the Z firmware?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom