"Silhouette" Revisited

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
I have made numerous prints of this image, sold a fair number in various sizes including large prints up to 18x36. However, I am contemplating a large metal 3'x6' print for an elevated wall location in my living room, so I revisited the original file and just did another attempt at tweaking, since my last revisit back in 2009. Image taken in 2005, handheld, D200 body and the first edition 24-120VR lens. I still remember waiting forever on the light (nearly an hour pre post sunset) and getting eaten by mosquitos at the Mississipi Riverlands slough where I took this image. I have it up-rezzed to 3000x6000 and ready to send to the printer, time to save the funds to get the process going. I can now finally visit the lab in person (easing restrictions) and discuss the project face to face (masked) instead of dealing all online since I will have to pick up this large of a project in person.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wade, that is just beautiful!!!! It will be a fantastic addition to your wall at home! Everything about it is just right: the composition, the lighting, the blacks and the shadows and the beautiful light in the colors..... WOW!
Thanks Connie. Appreciate it.

Jeepers, Wade - that is simply gorgeous. And with a D200! This simply confirms for me that it isn't about one's gear, but rather it's about technique and one's expertise - both of which you have in abundance . . .

Your pal,

E
Always loved the colors and wildlife images of the old D200, fond memories, my favorite airshow body because I could set a horizontal area AF.

Looks great! Good to see you enjoying it for so many years.
Yes, one of my favs.

Great. Don’t forget to post the photo when it hangs in your home.
Will do.

Stunning!
Thanks!

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Beautiful photograph...probably even more rewarding given the challenge of capturing it.

Glenn
Thanks Glenn, It was A Very satisfying reward due to the waiting game. And actually what is also rewarding was the $$$$ made off this the past 15 years. This image actually started a run on large framed prints in a certain custom home subdivision down in Atlanta being built in 2005. I sold a large 18x36 that was then matted with a 4” White matt and Black Neilson frame. Next thing I knew, I sold four more extra large B&W framed prints of similar size to the neighbors as their homes were being built that Winter and Spring. (Think keeping up with the Jones) Helped me purchase some new fast glass 200 VR 1.2, and several 1.4 lenses to use on my D200 bodies for dance recitals. Those were the days. Times change. Lol.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
It's beautiful! Should be great on any wall.
Thanks Phil, it is going above my entry foyer next to the stairs.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wow. Great story as well. That's some serious coin for a metal that size. It will look great, though. I still spot some of my photos from time to time that I took with my D200. That was my first serious digital camera.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Wow. Great story as well. That's some serious coin for a metal that size. It will look great, though. I still spot some of my photos from time to time that I took with my D200. That was my first serious digital camera.
yes, very expensive, many of my old favs were with The D200. A substantial increase over the D70. In many ways I liked it as much as the D2x for color rendering.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom