Silly Outlook Question

Discussion in 'PC/Windows/Linux' started by gbenic, Apr 21, 2007.

1. I am using Outlook 2003. Word is my default email editor. I changed something but for the life of me can't figure out what. When composing email, I would just type part of the recipient's name, Outlook would figure out who I want to send it to and replace it. For example, I would type mic and a few seconds later, Michon's email address is inserted. I don't want it to suggest (unless there are multiple choices) since the right one never seems to come up. I am using the Personal Address Book. It is set to search there first. If someone could help me, that would be really, really cool.

Thanks.

2. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Hi Greg....

Here is the solution:

- Select Tools, and then Options from the menu bar
    - Select the Preferences Tab, and then Click-on the Email Options button
    - Click-on Advanced E-mail button in the E-mail Optionas Window
    - Click off the check mark in the "Suggest name while completing To, CC, Bcc fields" (2nd from the bottom of the window)

- Click Ok to back out (this should save your settings)

Hopefully this answers your question.

3. Thanks Mark. You know, I had done that a million times. It didn't work. When I went to open Outlook this time, I received a couple of extension/registry errors. I restarted Outlook, followed your directions, and it worked. I guess I just needed to see the typical M$ errors for it to work correctly.