1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Silly trivia questions....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maestrodawg1, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Oh, I'm feeling a little off topic these days. So let's see how fast these questions can be answered.

1) If one man can dig a hole 10 feet wide and 10 feet deep in 10 minutes, how long will it take 2 men to dig half a hole?

2) Without looking on the internet, how many Presidents have been impeached and who are they?

3) In the last 30 years only one man has not played professional football after winning the Heisman trophy. Again, without looking on the internet, who was he?

Please feel free to post any fun trivia questions here as well.

2. You can't dig half a hole!
    One--was it Harding?
    Dunno!

3. No idea about 1/2 hole, but Andrew Johnson and Bubba Clinton were the only presidents ever impeached. Nixon might have been had he not resigned. Both Johnson and Clinton were acquitted however; NO president was ever convicted after impeachment.

And, if I recall, Joe Bellino, the Navy QB in the mid 60's, never played pro ball. (Unlike Staubach)

4. Correct!

Amazingly correct. People pick Nixon all the time.

Last 30 years puts it back to 1978.

5. jaymc

jaymc Guest

Didn't Mr. Goldman get OJ's trophy after the settlement? Wouldn't actually call it winning, but ....

6. I don't know about that. I was digging a hole the other day and I thought I was through. I showed it to my husband, and he didn't think it was deep enough. He told me, "That's only half a hole. Keep digging!"
    I knew that one.

What's football?

7. LOL!!!!:biggrin: Love it!

8. Incorrect. There have also been presidents impeached in other countries. Wasn't the president of Lithuania impeached a couple of years ago, and I think also the president of Brazil in the 1990s......?

OK, being picky, but you didn't specify a country and we're not all Americans :biggrin:

9. OK, OK, OK, American Presidents...

The answer to the third question is....Charlie Ward. Played football and basketball at Florida State University and won the Hiesman trophy. Went on to a long career playing basketball with the New York Knicks.

Anybody else have fun trivia questions?

10. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    What about Tim Tebow? He won last year as a sophomore, so therefore has not played pro ball ;) 

11. What company commissioned the first CF memory cards?

12. Hah! you got me on that one. I guess I'll have to hold that trivia question for at least a year maybe two.

Didn't Nikon make the first digital camera? So I'll go with Nikon

13. Ironically, it was Kodak and Canon that commissioned the CompactFlash card. The format, coined in 1994, was the first successful flash card. Kodak had made a digital camera but the storage device inside of it made the camera big and bulky. The company, along with Canon, then commissioned SanDisk to come up with something smaller.

Ultimately, Casio, not Kodak, had the first commercial success with digital cameras and many other companies, but not Kodak, made piles of money on flash cards. Kodak tried to do its own branded memory cards too, but was late.

14. Splitting another hair, the Brazilian President is also an 'American' president. :biggrin:

And the correct answer to the third question is 'All of them' since they tend to play American Football and not Football. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ronnie

15. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    I think you mean they played Football, and not Metric Football :cool: 

16. "The answer to the third question is....Charlie Ward. Played football and basketball at Florida State University and won the Hiesman trophy. Went on to a long career playing basketball with the New York Knicks."

Forgot about Charlie. There was a joke making the rounds when Kerry Collins and Chad Pennington were playing for Giants and Jets that went, "Who is the best QB in NY." Answer was, "Charlie Ward!"

17. yooper

yooper

May 5, 2008
    Winona Lake, IN
    another question...

What is the only word (to my knowledge) in the English language with all the vowels (the "sometimes y" thing not included) in alphabetical order?

I'd give y'all a hint, but I wouldn't want anyone to think too seriously about it.

...and what rhymes with "orange?" :wink:

18. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    facetious and abstemious don't ryme with orange :tongue:

19. yooper

yooper

May 5, 2008
    Winona Lake, IN
    ...not sure anything rhymes with orange, though you did get the other half of the question. I tend to be more facetious than abstemious.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.