1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Silver Efex Pro

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Joe Marques, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Really enjoying the latest release from Nik, Silver Efex Pro. Here's a shot I processed in LR2 with a "lucis art" type contrast. I then used Silver Efex in photoshop to conver to B&W. Siver Efex settings were orange filter, coffee tone (7) and grain per pixel of about 350.

I'm most impressed by the grain structure - looks very natural to me.

[​IMG]

100% crop to show the grain:
    [​IMG]

2. Joe, your results are excellent.
    The grain looks great.

I played around with the trial version and posted some stuff here, but your subject here is much more interesting.
    https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=179743

Have you tried the "structure" function?
    What film type did you use?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Thanks Virginia. I have used the structure function and I think it terrific. I didn't use a film pre-set for this one, I created my own using only a grain setting.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. Joe,

This looks great ........ I have only heard good things about this filter. Now .... if they would just lower the price.......:Angry:

Best,

5. If you're a NAPP member it's $50 off. Nik is always a bit pricey but it also doesn't fail to deliver results so I find it a fair value.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.