Silver Islet...Sibley Peninsula

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bohdan, Oct 17, 2005.

1. On Lake Superior near Thunder Bay was once the home of the richest silver mine in the world. Now it is home to campers/cottagers some of whom stay year round...Some of the original buildings are still being used 1 20 years later.

This was on a dull day but loved the colours and the effect

[​IMG]

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Bohdan Bob Tkaczyk

2. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I love those autumn (fall) colours (colors). :smile:
    I like your image. Canada must be very pretty right now. I remember one October/November some years ago when I visited the Shenandoah Mountains. Absolutely breathtaking colours.

3. Thanks Torben...Yes it is beautiful in the fall. In the north here the golds and greens and reds are outstanding. In the south more pronounced reds from the maple trees turning...My faroutite time of year...Unfortunately...it's nearing its end and winter is coming....Then again....winter is really white and pretty!

Bohdan

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That water looks chilly! But the colors of the leaves is very warming....Lovely!

5. Thanks Leigh...yes Lake Superior is very chilly...most times of the year. I liked the way the colours gave the image a painting like quality.

Bohdn

6. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I would love to visit Canada during the winter. I must be beautiful and cold. I've always dreamt of crossing Canada on a dog sled. Let see some snow pictures when the time comes.

7. Beautiful yes...cold mostly...but in Northern Ontario where I live it's a dry cold and you don't feel it as much as down in southern Ontario....I've been out walking/jogging ( appropriatley dressed of course)
    in winter when it has been -30 celcius.

Bohdan

8. Should have added this to my last post for Torben...this is what winter looks like in Thunder Bay

Kakebeka falls

[​IMG]

Current River

[​IMG]

Open water on Lake Superior
    [​IMG]

Bohdan

9. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    As much as I love the fall, these shots really gives me goosebumps. I love them. I can hear the silence. Thanks for posting. Do you have room for 2 people and 6 dogs? :smile:

10. Absolutely....only problem is my dog Kayla ...just doesn't get along with other dogs at all!
    One of the reasons I moved up to Thunder Bay from the big cities in southern Ontario is the countryside.

Bohdan

11. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Bohdan,

These images are so very beautiful. Thanks for posting

Regards

RFC

12. thanks for looking and giving feedback.

bohdan

13. Lake Superior scenery just can't be beat...especially in the Fall (Autumn). Your pictures do the area justice. Guess that's why they call it God's Country! Post some more for us "changing of the colors" deprived Floridians!!

14. Thanks Kevin...
    more can be found here

www.alterego.smugmug.com

bohdan