Simba the patient

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by cajun angel, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Well, what can I say....I've been seeing so many wonderful shots of cats where the 50mm 1.8 was used and I thought I'd just have some fun. Simba was the only patient cat as Sylvester wouldn't cooperate nor would Sam. My goal was to get better exposure and then do better in PP. The thing I have finally learned is how to get my histogram on the screen in photoshop. Then when it came to the actual tweaking, I found "as shot" (Flash) Simba wasn't quite his true color. In ps I "auto color corrected" and he looked more like himself. Oh, for the curious, Simba is a purebred Tarnished Silver Bengal. He has spots similar to a leopard (Asian Leopard to be exact!)

As shot
    2869698498_142262e7f7_b.

color corrected
    2868871421_bb59ce856b_b.

2. Amarok

Amarok

Aug 25, 2008
    Prairie City OR
    Very nice shots, they actually remind me of my cat from when I was a kid.

However the thing that I would change is the depth of field. Like if you look at the first picture the highest sharpness is in the middle of his forehead however it softens quite a bit by time it even gets to his nose. Also personally I would want his ears, or at least the one closest to the lens come in sharper. Granted this is all just personal preference.

3. Nice shots Dianne... Love the first one...
    The 2nd shot looks a little, can I use the word Faded, like its an old color photo that the color is fading. But then again you may have wanted to get this feeling... :eek: ))
    I also agree that if you are going to shot with such a narrow DOF, place the focal point on the eyes, and for me, I would try to get the nose in focus as well...
    As said, its all just personal preference...

But Simba reminds me when I was a kid, we had one the same that was called "Tiger"...
    Now thats original... LOL...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.