Simple Image Resizing Software?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by digitalzed, Aug 13, 2008.

1. digitalzed

digitalzed

May 14, 2006
    N. Cal
    My wife wants to blog. The site needs to have photos resized to their specs. She is not willing to learn PS or a similar program. Can anyone recommend a little program that makes it really easy to simply resize pictures by px or dpi?

2. digitalzed

digitalzed

May 14, 2006
    N. Cal
    Thanks Mani. I'll give it a try.

3. Also take a look at FastStone Image Viewer or Image Resizer. I use it for quick and dirty resizes for web and thumbnails.

4. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    Yep, same here - works very well.

5. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
  6. Senna - unfortunatly no it doesn't work in Vista (nor have I found any Vista PowerToys yet either :( )

7. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    To bad, I could see that being very helpfull and convenient.

8. I still use Picture Project that came with my D200. It compresses photos to various sizes when exporting them.

9. Plan B , emal the pictures to yourself and let xp or Vista resize them .

10. How about View NX...it "converts" JPEGs to different sizes and it costs nothing. Not a bad little program. I'm using the word convert to mean changing the size, although it does convert NEFs as well.

11. You can use VSO image resizer, get version 1.x though, it does the job, 2.x is also free but nags you each time you use it.