Simple travel scenes

My wife and I enjoy documenting through photography the simple scenes that we come upon while traveling. The photos shown below were captured during our recent trip to the tri-state area of New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

Photo #1: The condo association in New Jersey where we rented an AirBnB maintains a wonderful wetlands area.
Mike 2021-06-20--0231-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo #2:
One of two abandoned silos miles apart in New Jersey covered in a vine on the side of the road with no nearby farm equipment or buildings.
Mike 2021-06-20--0329-S.jpg

Photo #3:
We enjoyed a picnic lunch immediately to the right of this spot on Stony Lake in New Jersey's Stokes State Forest. (Captured by my wife and post-processed by me. The EXIF displayed below fails to indicate that the lens was a Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6.)
Joellen 2021-06-20--0046-S.jpg

Photo #4:
Loading up the canoes and kayaks on the beach at New Jersey's Kittatinny Point
Mike 2021-06-19--0173-S.jpg

Photo #5:
This stretch of the highway in New York that looks down upon the Delaware River is called the Hawk's Nest because of hawks that nest in the area.
Mike 2021-06-21--0428-S.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Dan
Nice set, Mike. I take similar style/type of photos. I'm particularly fond of old doors and windows. My bride is always amazed when we return from historic locations in Europe and what I found most interesting to photograph was doors and windows :rolleyes:

Mike, that last one is really nice. An interesting stretch of road.

Thanks, Mitch. I could really get into highway photography (which is very different from street photography :D ) if it weren't so darned inconvenient and sometimes downright dangerous. Though I have made photos of highways when standing on the center line, it would have been suicide to do that when making this photo. That's because of the busy traffic and the blind curves. Instead, I stood safely in a parking area at the side of the road.

Latest threads

Top Bottom