Since the pepper Challenge is now over...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by manzico, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Since Challenge #16 is now over, I feel like I'm free to post the rest of my pepper shots from my pepper session so here goes:

Here's my submission, Heart of a Pepper:
    original.

and here are the rest:

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

I welcome any and all comments.

thanks,

Dave

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They all are really great :>))

Very creative.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Those are excellent Dave! Especially the ones where the light comes from behind and leaves parts in shadow, but the trifold symmetry of 5, and 6 looks down right alien.

4. Gster

Gster Guest

Very impressive and very creative.

Congratulations!

5. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Beautiful shots, all. Please share your technique and equipment used!

6. Excellent shots Dave. Any one of them would have been competitive.

7. technique...

Thanks for the comments. About the technique used. I shot with my 28-105. It has a macro function and I'm kind of fond of the lens. It allowed me to get up close and personal with my subject. I simply sliced the pepper, used a black t-shirt as a background, and then stopped the lens way down and dimmed the lights. With the resulting long exposure times, I was able to light paint with the flashlight from my cars glove box. I always painted the back side of the pepper so that the pepper walls seemed to glow. That's it really. Of course there is some PP involved, but that is the bulk of it. The only shot that had anything extra is the spiral overhead shot. I actually sliced the pepper and rotated each layer before shooting. That's it.

Dave

8. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Thanks for sharing your technique; very creative and the results are stunning!

9. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    The shots are great - each one of them. Many thanks for sharing your techniques. The more light painting examples I see, the more it makes me want to explore this technique.

10. very impressive work. Looks like you studied these from every angle. your entry was very good in the competition.
    Dave

11. It was a great exercise...

I really liked this particular challange. I did get to look at the subject from every angle (at least that I could think of). I changed my mind about what to submit several times as new and interesting shots came up. When I cut open the third pepper and saw the mini-pepper growing inside, I knew I had to shoot it. When I saw the results, I was pretty much sold on my submission. Of course I started to hem and haw a little during PP, but I stuck to it. I'm glad you liked the entry, and the other shots.

Dave