Singh-Ray Vari-N-Trio Users ? help : )

Im thinking of getting one of the Vari-N Trio filters, i think it would be the perfect filter because im surrounded by water :biggrin: The only reason i havnt bought one is because im a little worried about vignetting :eek: I shoot with a full frame body and use some wide angle lenses so i know it will be a problem, im just not sure how much of a problem haha Id also possibly be adding on the Mor-Slo ND Filter for some really long exposures, so it just keeps getting thicker and thicker:eek:

At the moment i do have a lee filter holder with a lot of filters ( bigstopper, some grads) And i love them. I just love the flexibility of the Singh-Ray Vari-n-trio !!!!

Edit: Ive also thought about getting just the Vari-ND and the Mor-slo Nd. I Also have a nikon slim II polarizer that i could put on the Either the Vari-ND or the Mor-slo ND for reflections, thats of course if it will fit ?

So does anybody have any real experience with this filter or the other option with the nikon polarizer ? How bad is the vignetting ? And at what focal lengths ? Is it an easy Fix in post ?

Mahalo,
Johannes Gorissen

Last edited by a moderator:
Sample shot Vari- Duo...

Hope u like the shot:)...
5518342606_97526d9701_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

really pretty : ) I love creamy water haha have you noticed any vignetting ? if possible could you post a picture of it in use with a focal range of 14-35mm (no lens correction )?

I have the Duo like Sal, and it vignettes around 24mm for me on FX. You may want to try just the ND since below 24mm the CPL may give you weird skies.

Hmmmmm Good point Ive also thought about getting just the Vari-ND and the Mor-slo Nd. I Also have a nikon slim II polarizer that i could put on the Either the Vari-ND or the Mor-slo ND for reflections, thats of course if it will fit ?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom