Critique Single people at the City Fair

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by the_traveler, Jun 18, 2017.

1. upload_2017-6-18_16-43-0.png

Although this is more poignant as a B&W I couldn't miss the chance to show the lovely color

upload_2017-6-18_16-36-41.png

Years ago I upgraded from a D200 to a D700 and bought the Nikon 24-70 and 70-200 and was just enthralled by the beauty of the images.
    I had that same experience today when I took out my new Sony A7r II and shot a bit with the Zeiss 85 1.8

Please look at this shot above as a picture and then look at the clarity and detail of this 100% crop

upload_2017-6-18_16-36-34.png

2. "Ah, look at all the lonely people, where do they all come from?" The Beatles would like this shot and I do too--especially the B&W version. She looks sad and her unfinished drink looks neglected.

3. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    I see it as she is looking at her grandkids playing. :)

4. I prefer the B&W. Quite a fine shot and well processed. I'd probably increase the white of her blouse and the man's hair behind her - they seem to stand out a bit more in the color shot. I might also play with the benches to bring out their strong graphic element.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks

I see you're a glass-half-full kind of guy

Thanks - and I very much agree with you about shirt.

6. Cool shot. For me it was more like... "ugh, I wasted $10 on Bud Lite... again!!"