Single SB-600, Dark room...

Hi all,

I was asked to take a few shots at a company party on Monday night...

As it turned out, the room was really dark, with a low ceiling, so a single bounced sb-600 was all I had to work with.

The ladies seemed really impressed with the results though, but I thought I would ask for a more 'contructive' opinion on where I could have improved.

Thanks,

Paul

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I guess you can work out who I work for now....

The band were great...

These look great, Paul. Nice work!

Lol, Paul, when I read your topic, I thought "Boy, I hope he had low white ceilings to work with". I sometimes think that for on-camera flash work where there's an opportunity to bounce, the swivel head of the SB-800 or 600 is more important than all the TTL magic.

Great shots Paul. I just bought an SB-600 a few weeks back and haven't used it that much. If I get results like this, I'll be well pleased!

Great shots Paul. I just bought an SB-600 a few weeks back and haven't used it that much. If I get results like this, I'll be well pleased!
Try to get yourself a Stofen Omnibounce - I have one for mine, and it really does help soften the light. Well worth it.

Thanks for your kind words btw!

Paul

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom