Sint-Salvator Cathedral

Still from Bruges, visiting the Sint-Salvator Cathedral (link to wikipedia article).

p1554467420-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p1554467482-6.jpg

p1554467516-6.jpg

p1554467164-5.jpg

p1554467190-5.jpg

p1554467366-5.jpg

p1554467550-5.jpg

p1554467154-5.jpg

Greatly appreciated, Dossy, Samuel, Steve, Pete, Glenn, Rob, Rob and Ky!
Thank you all!

On the processing, I convert the raw files to jpg and dng with DxO. A converter I've been using since my first steps in digital photography.
I use the dng files to convert to b&w, usually with SEP2.
Although I occasionally use the 'Filmpack' that is incorporated in DxO as well.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Excellent work!

The shots are well exposed, great detail and nicely processed. And the compositions are very nice.

You mentioned DxO software....I'm not really familiar with their products. Do you use DxO Optics Pro as your main processing s/w? Is DxO View Point needed if you own Optics Pro?

Any chance you have used Nik Color Efex Pro and Viveza and can offer any comparisons?

Thanks - and again, nice work!

Really appreciated, Karen!
Thank you!

I do use DxO as my Raw converter. I have always preferred the colours I get from it compared to those from LR. (strange thing to say in the b&w forum :smile:)
There is also the fact that the images are automatically geometrically corrected for the camera-lens combinations that are supported. Can be a 'dramatic' result. Even if the camera is supported but the camera-lens combination isn't, I still prefer DxO.
I also have a camera that has only been recently supported by DxO. Before that I used LR to convert those files. So, I have had a reasonably extended comparison between the two.

Anything you can do in DxO View Point, you can also do in Optics Pro but perhaps just a bit less user friendly. On the other hand, it's all in the same processing flow and that is big plus.

I have used Color Efex Pro a bit. I don't really see a comparison there.
I have yet to discover Viveza (since the free gift from Google/Nik) so I can't give you any insight there.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Bart,

Thanks so much for the follow up. It was unclear whether or not both View Point and Optics Pro were recommended. Guess you use both!

So far, I've had very good success with the Adaptive Wide Angle filter in CS6. In fact today, I had to use it a lot to "fix" a photo I took in my small office of a large bookcase my hubby just finished building for me. But I'm always open to learning new tools!

Thank you, Samuel and Buddy!
Truly appreciated!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom