Sissor-tailed Flycatcher

I found a few Sissor-tailed Flycatchers feeding and posing. A pair of males saw a crow approaching and went out to challenge it. They were all over the crow but too far away for photos. I will go back to try for some flying shots. Nikon D7000 on Nikon 600mm VR plus 1.4X teleconverter. I made the photos from my car shooting out the window. Close up photos of another cicada in the "Macro" section.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Posing on barbed wire fence

I'm jelaous! But why do these guys alwasy pose on a barb wire fence!
I asked the same question. At the airport where I made the photos it was the highest place for them to perch. I am tempted to bring a limb and attach it to the fence that would be a few feet higher but the airport folks may get after me.

The dinner shot is super. I drove 160 miles one day last week just to see one. He was even too far out for my 800 to do anything with him and he was on very well posted land. Yup, I would be using a zip tie or some electrical tape to place me a few well thought twigs to some fence post. But this bird and barbed wire just kind of go together. Very well done.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom