Sisters

JAM

This is a corporate publicity headshot of two sisters who are starting a real estate business.

D2X, 85mm f.1,4 at f/5,6 and 1/250.

sisters.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JAM

Yes, it needs to be recroped. Thanks for pointing that out.

Interesting comment about the skin tones. I didn't delve into it, but I see your point. Although they use a Hispanic sur name common to this area, I wonder now if the one on the left is unmarried and the one on the right married into the family.

My wife forbids me to ask such details 8)

Nice work John...I know so very little about portraiture...but I do know that I appreciate the work of someone who does a good job...Bravo!

Great grab of two sisters - these sorts of pics dont happen all that often.

Just a comment - I reckon it's about +0.5 EV too much and a little too sharp. In my experience, women like a softer look.

That said, it's still a keeper.

Excellent image John. The skin tones are very nice and the detail fantastic. Good job. I do agree with the comment by Paul about the difference in space between the right and left of the image.

JAM

Simon said:
Great grab of two sisters - these sorts of pics dont happen all that often.

Just a comment - I reckon it's about +0.5 EV too much and a little too sharp. In my experience, women like a softer look.

That said, it's still a keeper.

You should see it before the blur layer was applied if you think its too sharp now :)

The D2X / 85mm f/1.4 combination is actually too cruelly sharp as a portrait instrument for most people. I didn't soften it more because of the usage: small web ads, news print reproduction, use in flyers, etc. I reasoned that those sort of media would further degrade sharpness.

Latest threads

Top Bottom