Site Return Torpedo Latrine 5,21,7

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by rodneyAB, May 22, 2007.

1. Kool, glad you like this, in particular, i find the highlight of the ridgeline on the roof behind, and the foreground surface with tire marks and small stone shadows to be the highlight of the highlights.

2. this one up close, abstracting the building form to non building, since the detail is removed from context, only the blown light left to bounce off the surfaces. within the frame, areas of solid black, with areas of tone range as the light surfs over the rugose corrugation of sheetmetal, make up the composition that i see. the squiggle of corrugated jointed sheets in the right upper quadrant is like a fancy stir stick in my cocktail

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    The lighting here is totally cool Rodney. Who are you talking to. Are you familiar with Gregory Crewdson? He's a punk rocker from the last millennium who is a photographer now. If you google his name there's lots of stuff. Your work reminds me of his early B&W stuff, especially Hover and Fireflies.

4. although i waas around during the last millenium, somewhat, i don't know mr. Crewdson, but i'll run a check on his background, thanks.

i have one of those blautooth cellphone devices in my ear while i walk down the supermarket aisle chatting deep in conversation...who am i talking to? there is no one on the other end..

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I think you'll like Greg's stuff. This's a Crewdson, right behind the woman. The more I look at it, the more I like the simplicity and repetition of your series.
    Can't add much to that. :Crunk:

6. whew, mr. crewdson does BIG art...thought it koolest that he sometimes uses huge cranes...to set up for a photo shoot.
    again, like that interior museum shot with woman and Crewdson, has that grainy chewy texture i like so much

7. Whoa, how did Captain Oblivious miss this thread? That first image - the composition and glow really draw my eye into the frame. Sweet!