Site upgrade feedback, bugs, and requests thread

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Administrator
Real Name
Amin
Dear all,

Tomorrow I will begin the long process of upgrading the site from Xenforo 1.x to Xenforo 2.x. The site has been backed up carefully, and I've run the upgrade process on a test site.

Still, I expect that there will be some bumps in the road. Initially, I'm going to install the forum software without a lot of addons/modifications in order to make sure everything is working. That means that there won't be a front page with featured threads, a sidebar with recent discussions in the thread view, an alert at the top of the page for unread threads, direct menu links to Buy & Sell, or certain other features you may be accustomed to.

Addons which have priority are the enhanced search, the Buy & Sell feedback system, getting the post ratings system imported (likes, thanks, winner, etc). In time I will add back other features as time permits. Some, like the featured threads front page, will definitely be restored. Others may stay gone depending on member request and feasibility within Xenforo 2.x.

When the site first switches over, there will only be one site theme/style. I will restore the ability to use light or dark styles, fix logos, etc, over the course of the next couple of days.

Please use this thread to point out any bugs, requests, or suggestions. I do ask that you be patient with me. I am doing this alone rather than paying someone because I feel like I am in the best position to get it right, but I've got a hectic job and family life, so it will take me some time to get everything squared away.

Addendum: I may not be able to respond directly to every comment or suggestion, but I am reading everything. There are a lot of basic things I need to get done behind the scenes before I get to some of the requests.

Last edited:
Real Name
David
I hope 'Cafe Dark' isn't the end of the near future theme choices. I prefer 'dark' to actually be black with white or light gray text.
I've always like the medium here and on mu-43 personally. I could live with the Cafe Light, it doesn't seem like it's as harsh as the light is over there.

But I also look at that as the little things to deal with once the dust settles.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
I've always like the medium here and on mu-43 personally. I could live with the Cafe Light, it doesn't seem like it's as harsh as the light is over there.

But I also look at that as the little things to deal with once the dust settles.
Yep, that is the small stuff. Funny, I like different skins for different forums.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom