Site upgrade feedback, bugs, and requests thread

I haven't been able to find a way in Xenforo 2 to make a front page like the one we had in Xenforo 1. For now, I've added a featured threads slider at the top of the forum index.
Let's leave it this way...i come here for the forums, not featured images.

Yes,tenplanescrashing, but you and I are already members. That front page we had before was very attractive and eye-catching, which would be important for someone to see who was brought to the site by a link or by a friend's recommendation..... Interesting, beautiful and creative images right there to give an idea of what this site is all about, first-and-foremost, to capture a viewer's attention right off the bat. Photographers here aren't posting some silly selfies or lousy snapshots of the family posed in front of (and blocking the view of) a historical or interesting site somewhere around the world. This isn't Instagram. That front page of this site and the images displayed there indicated very clearly that this is truly a place meant for photographers and for photography discussions. The probable usual reaction of a first-time visitor and viewer would be, "wow, there are some amazing photographers and photos here! I want to see more, explore what they're talking about...." and that, then, would lead them into looking around the site as a visitor and then eventually joining us as a member. At least this is the way I see it. True, I'll admit that as a member I actually just go right to the particular forum I already have bookmarked and then look at other threads and posts from there, but I did look at that front page, too!

Oh, and an added benefit from hanging out around here is computer-related techie discussions, too!

I was pleasantly surprised to see the site back up on Saturday.....great job, Amin! Hopefully, you will be able to find a way to enable a front page gallery, which portrayed excellent images I might have otherwise missed.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom