Site upgrade feedback, bugs, and requests thread

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Administrator
Real Name
Amin
Ditto. Only suggestion is the colour for quoted posts such as "Commodorefirst said" which is a bit too light on the light theme (works for dark theme which it seems designed for)
Is it good now?

Last edited:
Please point out your discoveries so all of us can be sure to take advantage of them.
Well, your wine glass 🍷 and it's ilk were a big one. The interface is clean, little things keep getting added (new posts, jump to new, etc.) I'm actually deep in to understanding my new toy I mean, camera (Z6) and just started in on Thom Hogan's Z6 guide, all 1082 pages of it . . there must be wine at some point, and my wife gets back from Boise 🚙 at 4:30, so wine then!

>>>>>
Ditto. Only suggestion is the colour for quoted posts such as "Commodorefirst said" which is a bit too light on the light theme (works for dark theme which it seems designed for)
Is it good now?

>>>>>>

For me, it is.

Then make it a setting we can choose...the front page is unnecessary and the extra click is annoying. Not to mention, it's usually the same images over and over.
You don't have to open with the front page, you know.....I have one subforum bookmarked and that is the way I get on the site, and I start by reading new posts and threads on that subforum first, and then move on to any alerts I have, any "watched" threads, and then on to new posts. Once in a while I remember to look at the front page and also sometimes someone will make a recommendation or comment about something on that page which catches my interest, so I go and look, too. Since this IS a photography-oriented site, it makes perfect sense to have photographs on the front page, especially outstanding ones. The front page has always been very attractive for that reason.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Administrator
Real Name
Amin
I bumped up the text size a little in response to request. How is it now for everyone? For me it seems too small on my iPhone but too large on my laptop.

I love the front page. I hope it can come back!!

I know many here like it, but I don't miss the front page at all. In my opinion, it just doesn't change often enough. Or it will change often in a sudden rush and some folk's images get the bum's rush. I have my bookmark set to the forums and enter there. I do look at the front page when it changes, as I enjoy seeing them. Just not all the time.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom