Site upgrade feedback, bugs, and requests thread

Am I the only one who finds 'What's New' and 'New Posts' confusing? What exactly is the difference?

The What's New tab includes a dropdown menu that allows you to isolate particular parts of the forum that are new . One of the menu items is New Posts. Alternatively, you can click the words, What's New, and everything that's new, not just the posts, will be displayed. The New Posts button allows you to display only the new posts without having to open the What's New dropdown menu.

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
The What's New tab includes a dropdown menu that allows you to isolate particular parts of the forum that are new . One of the menu items is New Posts. Alternatively, you can click the words, What's New, and everything that's new, not just the posts, will be displayed. The New Posts button allows you to display only the new posts without having to open the What's New dropdown menu.
Great job, Amin! What would be under "What's New" that isn't a post? Thanks!!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
OK. Before, when I marked all forums read, it showed -0- entries until a new entry was made. That was I could easily see truly new entries. Now when I mark all forums read and there is still a long list ..... I guess this selection shows the newest entries - even though they occurred before I marked everything read.

Real Name
Amin
Yes, What's New includes all latest posts despite whether they are new posts (unread since forums marked read) . In the Latest Posts list, thread containing new (unread) posts are bolded. If you want only new posts, that is in the New Posts list (0 entries after marking forums read).

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Yes, What's New includes all latest posts despite whether they are new posts (unread since forums marked read) . In the Latest Posts list, thread containing new (unread) posts are bolded. If you want only new posts, that is in the New Posts list (0 entries after marking forums read).
But (if I understand correctly) if I choose New Posts, then I would miss new Gallery threads.....and perhaps new threads in the Marketplace?

Real Name
Amin
I can no longer see the second menu bar with alerts and messages unread.

The navbar was always hidden in the app, excepting the past week since the upgrade to XF2. For best mobile experience, I recommend uninstalling the app and instead adding a shortcut to the website on your phone launch screen. The mobile website now exceeds the app in every way.

Real Name
Amin
You can now ignore any forum or any thread completely on the site and revert those settings at any time via the user control panel "Ignore" link.

ignore_control_panel.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ignore_forum.png

ignore_thread.png

Real Name
Don Roy
I'm not a fan of the unread threads only being 'bold'. Things are easier, for me anyway, with a color change. In the 'watched forums' list (my default when opening the cafe), the yellow icon is there. In any forum, the generic icon is replaced by the members photo, so there is no color change to catch my eye. When you hover on a thread title, it turns yellow.

Amin, might you consider adding that yellow to the bold for unread threads, basically make the hover color there all the time for unread items? [I to use the 'very dark' theme. My old eyes prefer white text on black to black on white.]

Latest threads

Top Bottom