Site upgrade feedback, bugs, and requests thread

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I noticed a huge selection of emojis in the drop down menu! Nice. However, they are so small my old eyes really have trouble seeing them. Any chance they could be a wee bit bigger? The size when inserted into a post seems fine.

I noticed a huge selection of emojis in the drop down menu! Nice. However, they are so small my old eyes really have trouble seeing them. Any chance they could be a wee bit bigger? The size when inserted into a post seems fine.

I wonder if that's specific to the device you're using, perhaps such as a phone. On my desktop monitor, the emojis seem to be the same size in the drop down menu as when inserted in the post.

I don't think it's the size of your monitor that makes the emoji's smaller, but the resolution your monitor it's set to.
I run 2 monitors with different resolutions (2560x1440 & 1920x1080), and on the 2560x1440, the emoji are smaller than if I drag the browser over to the monitor that has the 1920x1080.... :)

I don't think it's the size of your monitor that makes the emoji's smaller, but the resolution your monitor it's set to.
I run 2 monitors with different resolutions (2560x1440 & 1920x1080), and on the 2560x1440, the emoji are smaller than if I drag the browser over to the monitor that has the 1920x1080.... :)
I'm at Apple's default! And my eyes, behind progressive lenses, are 69 years old.

I'm regularly using the "Mark Forums Read" capability to my advantage. It was probably available in the previous version and I didn't notice it. For whatever reason, I noticed it in this new version and like it a lot.

yep - it was there, I used it regularly.

Something I am missing - maybe I'm just not smart enough to find it - was the little blue dot that appeared next to a thread if you had previously read it. By clicking on the dot, it would take you to the last post in that thread you had read, so you could pick up where you left off. Very useful on long threads that span multiple pages (like this one).

Real Name
Amin
For now, I've disabled three of the post ratings options: Wow, Useful, and Sad. They were the three least used ones. Wow had some overlap with Winner, Useful with Informative, and there were some concerns about misuse of "Sad". And fewer choices makes it a bit more user friendly. I can always bring them back if they are missed.

Latest threads

Top Bottom