Sitting on the porch

Well it looks like I blew my knee stomping through the woods the last two days checking nests so I was taking it easy yesterday and need to go for an MRI today on it. Had a Cape Cod trip planed so hope it can still come off other wise I 'll be sitting and healing (I Hope) on the porch.
Anyway here are a few (9).
Lou

493010226_bb73aac2c0_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

493010222_828bcafec3_o.jpg

493010220_1ce390d334_o.jpg

493026453_f739d29700_o.jpg

493026447_803d843446_o.jpg

493026443_54f58b97d2_o.jpg

493026441_a73f3b2e2e_o.jpg

493026435_4b068b1682_o.jpg

493026431_4b06dfc46d_o.jpg

Hey Lou - sorry to hear about your knee. Hope it turns out OK. Good thing you have such a nice selection of birds from your porch!

Hey Lou - sorry to hear about your knee. Hope it turns out OK. Good thing you have such a nice selection of birds from your porch!

Thanks Hunter, yes I choose to live in the woods many many years ago. I have a nice little pond just about 200 yards below me at a neighbors and it gets a lot of different birds also. Some nice trout too.:wink: :wink:
Lou

Sorry about the knee but you have one active back yard.

Nice Series Lou

Thanks Gary I was checking 4 eagle nests that day and only two had young. I don't bother to take photos as it is a tough enough job (at 76) to hike with a scope and tripod. I do have one though I can drive my wagon to about 400 feet so my 500 or 800 will give me some photos. On Monday thought it wasen't eagles it was RAvens and they had 4 but my last trip I saw only 3 and they are getting big. I also have a pair of red shoulder hawks nesting now for 4 years right by my house and she is still incubating. These are my favorite hawks out of all of them. Thanks again.
Lou

Awwww poor Lou! Sorry to hear about your knee! BUT it looks like you have plenty to keep ya shootin happy! Pretty birdies!

Thanks Dianne, yeah but for some reason it's not the same. I have some concern as we will be banding in a few weeks and I never miss out on being at the nests I monitor for the DEC. Than there is the trip I have planed to the Cape not only for ospreys but I get to see my grand-daughters and my son acts as my giude. Heck he even carries all my stuff to where we set up.
Now would you rather sit in your back porch and watch the little birds or be sitting in a nice tidel marsh with the ospreys???
Lou

Thanks Dianne, yeah but for some reason it's not the same. I have some concern as we will be banding in a few weeks and I never miss out on being at the nests I monitor for the DEC. Than there is the trip I have planed to the Cape not only for ospreys but I get to see my grand-daughters and my son acts as my giude. Heck he even carries all my stuff to where we set up.
Now would you rather sit in your back porch and watch the little birds or be sitting in a nice tidel marsh with the ospreys???
Lou

Gee Lou, I agree, I'd rather be in a tidal marsh! Go to the dock ASAP, and get yourself well! I hope all will turn out okay for ya!

Gee Lou, I agree, I'd rather be in a tidal marsh! Go to the dock ASAP, and get yourself well! I hope all will turn out okay for ya!

YUP he called me tonight and told me the bad news. I guess I'll be grounded for awhile but I will be callinf a Doctor that does this stuff all the time and I bet if I give him an 8 X 10 glossey he can get me in right away.:smile:
Being grounded I spent the day useing my monopod as a cain and of cause I hung a camera on my neck and gimped back to the pond in back of me for a few photos.
Lou

Lou
Really sorry to hear about your knee. That is painful
Hope you heal well and fast.

Nice shots from the porch :>)))

Latest threads

Top Bottom