Skagit Valley Tulip Festival

Real Name
Dan
We used to go to the Tulip Festival every year when we lived in WA state and every other year or so after moving to Alaska. While cleaning/organizing files I ran across this image from our last visit. I was shocked when I realized it was all the way back in 2014. This is probably the best image I ever captured there.

Shot with D7100 and Sigma 17-50mm f2.8. This was my first and only shoot with that lens. It had awesome IQ but the VR wouldn't shut off unless you turned it off with the switch on the lens. So I ended up returning it.

p4138057304-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Dan
Awesome. One of these days I have to get up there. I lived in Seattle for a short time, however never got up to Skagit Valley.
It can be a good time. Or a mud pit.
gorgeous shot it has so much going on
this has to go on the frontpage
Thanks, Randy. I'm not exactly known for landscapes :rolleyes:
The picture is great. The sun rays/rain in the background really add to the scene.
Thanks, Mike. Yeah that sky makes the image IMO.

Real Name
Dan
Stunning colors and light rays!
Thanks, Glenn.
A lot to like about this one, Dan.
Glad you enjoyed it, Aaron.
Fabulous!! The sky adds such a special touch.
Thanks, Terri. Yes the sky separates this one from dozens of tulip field shots I've captured over the years.
Thanks for the honor, Wade.
Stunning! Really beautiful image.
Thanks for commenting, Phil.
Very nice, the light rays really make it (y)
Thanks, West.

Real Name
Dan
At a glance, the color and diagonal lines are spellbinding. Then after taking time to examine the image, there are so many other details to also enjoy just as much.
Glad you enjoyed the image, Mike. You'd think a field full of bright colored flowers would be fairly straightforward. But it takes a while to figure out the angles and what focal length works best.
Gorgeous shot Dan, we still get up there during this time.
Thanks, Louie. If we still lived down there we'd still take it in. Always something different every time we went.

Real Name
Ken
Great shot, but you had me wondering if things were way early this year. o_O We missed going last year due to COVID, and I am not sure about this year, but my wife and I visit yearly as her birthday is right near peak season. It has become quite popular and crowds are larger even on off days, but it is still worth it. Thanks for the reminder that spring is coming soon!

--Ken

Real Name
Dan
Wonderful image Dan. That's a wall hanger for sure.
Yes it would look nice. Just need the wall space.
Great shot, but you had me wondering if things were way early this year. o_O We missed going last year due to COVID, and I am not sure about this year, but my wife and I visit yearly as her birthday is right near peak season. It has become quite popular and crowds are larger even on off days, but it is still worth it. Thanks for the reminder that spring is coming soon!
Thanks for commenting, Ken. Hope you get to enjoy it again this year. Just around the corner now.
Beautiful image Dan. I wish I was there..
Thanks, Binnur. I miss seeing your beautiful coastal shots. One of the great things about photography is how we can share our views of the world.

[QUOTE
Thanks, Binnur. I miss seeing your beautiful coastal shots. One of the great things about photography is how we can share our views of the world.
[/QUOTE]
I miss shooting them too Dan. But suitable shores are about 80-100 km away and we are not allowed to be out after 21:00 because of Covid. So, it is very difficult to shoot sunsets and to get back home on time:(

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom