skating... (pics added!!!)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by liftoff, Aug 31, 2008.

1. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    rippin' with the OMA (old man army) crew at snedigar skatepark - chandler, az

rex of OMA
    [​IMG]

rex of OMA
    2816042540_66f89fe89b_b.png

rex of OMA
    2815934132_fd42acb6e1_b.png

steve of OMA
    View attachment 246501

thanx for checkin' them out!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  2. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

Larry , .... wow man ... good stuff out there and i'm actually suprized to see it so .... un-crowded out there.... last time the kiddo's and i went out there it was just jam packed ! Good stuff here !!!

3. jebster

jebster

Mar 8, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    Jeff
    Hey Larry,
    Sweet shots!
    Wish there were great skateparks like that here, all we have are ramps!
    Jeff

4. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Larry 3 and 4 are awesome well done

5. Larry....
    this is a HOT series
    can you tell us more about the shots, please
    well done
    really good stuff

6. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks Topher! It is usually a bit more crowded but I'm thinking the kids thought it would be trashed after the heavy rain the night before. It was wet but we brought a squeegee, brooms and a snowshovel (try finding one of those in AZ) and had it dry in no time.

Thanks Jeff! We have about 14 skateparks around the valley now. This one in Chandler and the one out in Peoria are the best IMO. They are all good, just different. The city crew in Peoria is top-notch and they take pride in keeping the park pristine.

Thank you!

Thanks Greg! Just a bunch of old guys, some old pro's mixed in the bunch and we pick a different park every Sunday morning to terrorize. I've just started to take photo's cuz' I'm usually trying to skate or shooting the breeze. Plus I just started this photography thing last December. Now that I've been bringing my camera there has been some interest and I'm starting to see more cameras popping up in the crew. Yesterday we had a Canon, Sony my D80 and a D100.

I shot all of these with my 12-24 at varying apertures, SS at 1/2000 and ISO 200. I'm usually right on top (or below) of the action, either laying down or on my knees. That's why I leave my new 14-24 at home.

Rex (wrexican), is a pro and the most skilled of the OMA and a real pleasure to shoot!
    2815932500_3ac1b6f098_b.png

Thanx for looking everybody!

7. love that last shot
    very much appreciate your reply

i can't wait to see more
    you have "pegged" the COOL FACTOR with this thread

8. Good shooting, steve is best, the photogs in the others distract from the action i think. Maybe you could take turns to get out of each others shots, unless you want to see each other. My 2 cents

9. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Great Captures!

10. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks Brooks! I posted the shots with the other photographers on purpose. I thought other members might find that interesting. I've got a ton of shots without those bozo's in them. I'll post a couple here for ya...

rex of OMA
    2818755683_e2421059b3_b.png

rex of OMA getting big air
    View attachment 246504

Thank you!

11. Larry, neat shots. Are you doing anything special in post?

12. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanx Chris! Nothing special, I use NX2 and did a little WB adjustment (not used to shooting in overcast skies), light Unsharp Mask and a bit of saturation.

13. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Larry these are great , they put you right in there with em.

14. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ

Thanx Biggs!