Ski Racing: FIS

We had our annual FIS race at Mansfield this past weekend, here a few from two days of very good racing.

Once again, tried a few new challenges, my position forced me too shoot into the sun in virtually all cases.

Hopping a bump near the top of the slalom course:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I tried some more panning with the women's group, which adds, I think, a bit of excitement:

And another one today:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Chris.

I'd agree, of the panning shots, it was probably the best. For those interested, I didn't use VR. We have a final race on Sunday, so I may take the chance and use VR.

BTW, all these shots were basically into the sun. So done right, you can get the shot.

Nice to change up and get soem differnet angles dont let the sun get in your wasy just dail in soem positive EV and your exposures will be fine. I am liking the 2nd panning shot

Thanks guys.

All of you, and Mike, yes, I'm trying to change it up and create something different.

We all do a lot of the same thing, (which people want to see), but I've also noticed that in some of the national papers up here in the GWN, picture editors are looking for something different, or striking.

FWIW, I forgot to turn VR-On during the panning shots, and I believe that would make a difference on some of the ones that weren't sharp on the face. I think a sharp face a movement blurred body is a good shot. Your comments?

Mark, great to see your skiing posts as always. I do like the panning effect and I think you're right it really adds an element or sense of speed to the shot. Great job. Any more to share??

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom