Sky Fisherman

Discussion in 'People' started by smera, Aug 14, 2005.

1. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    Hi Friends,

My friend Pedro, using his rod to fly a kite. With the Sigma 100-300, I could not only perfectly capture the expression on his face, but also the intrincate details of his skin. Like this image a lot.

Hope you enjoy.

original.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That image is very special, Roberto. As you indicated, his facial features are very distinct because of the lighting and the image portrays well in B/W. Very nice capture!

3. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    Hi Frank,

Thanks for the comments. More and more often I have used de Sigma instead of the Nikkor 300 we both have. Sometimes It is really a pain to carry a huge lens like that around.

The Sigma 100-300 has proven to be a nice lens, capable of some nice bokeh, isolating the background really well.

Have a nice day, friend.

4. It's a great image Smera. The expression and the OOF guy in the back really make this image. Excellent use of DOF and well done on the B&W conversion.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Excellent photograph Roberto! You have captured the 'golden light' perfectly. Thanks for showing us this!

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Love the shot,

and your B&W rendition is spot on, but what IS he looking at?

7. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    Hi Steve,

He is actually playing with a kite. Every weekend he shows up in fisherman's deck with his car's trunk full of kites to sell to the children.

Regards and thanks for the comments,

Roberto

8. Personally, I’ve never had any luck getting flying fish to bite :) Pedro is obviously a better fisherman than me. Seriously Roberto, I really like this image, good work!